Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#319815 06/05/07 03:12 PM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Finish the sentence and then elaborate, if you want to do so, on why.

Last edited by kristen houghton; 06/05/07 03:12 PM.

"Allow your dreams to become your plans."

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
... I was 25 and decided that I was getting "too old". (When I was a teenager I had my life all figured out: married at 24; first child at 26, second 28, third at 30 - travel, career, etc.)
So when I ran into an "old boyfriend" of mine, I sized him up as "perfect husband/father" material. I married an idea, a dream, instead of living life and let things happen naturally.
We married at 27 (both same age), divorced five years later... no children.
Now I'm 41, living with a wonderful, beautiful, exceptional man (we've been together almost 2 years), after having been single for seven years. I've changed careers twice, have lived and survived devastating experiences, and have never been happier.
Will I remarry? Perhaps, but this time, it is not a race or something that I feel I need to do to feel complete.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
the first time i got married was because we felt we "had" to to appease our parents. We dated for nearly 7 years ( i was 14 and he was 16 when we met, married when I was 21). He was rasied strict Catholic and they had a cow when we moved into together. But when we married, he changed. He became controlling and I wasn't having it. We lasted for 4 years of marriage.

I recently got married again on May 5th. This time I married him because I am deeply in love with him and he is my best friend. I know I can count on him to be there whenever I need him and vice versa. We have been together for 5 years but broke up for a little over a year. We remained good friends still during that year, but we realized we couldn't be apart.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I married my best friend, and I want to share all aspects of my life with him. I married a man who is sincere, loving, caring, and who is not afraid of emotions. He laughs with me, he cries with me, he learns with me, he enjoys precious moments in life with me. I married a man who is beautiful inside and out. I married a man who respects me, and who respects himself, and I know that he will be a wonderful father one day. I married someone who compliments my life. Someone who shares an unbroken trust with me, someone who encourages me (and whom I encourage). That's why I got married.

Last edited by lala21; 06/05/07 04:44 PM.
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I love your honesty and the realness you put into your answer.

We were amoebas when we got married, second year of college. We really didn't know ourselves let alone each other.

We have worked through a lot of problems together including both of us changing careers. (He left corporate to go into teaching, I left teaching to write).

Reason we got married? We were in puppy love that, thank God, turned into the real thing.

Last edited by kristen houghton; 06/05/07 04:53 PM.

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
Kristen, how wonderful it turned out so well!
You must have the recipe for making it work:
. communication
. sense of humour
. respect
It is so nice to hear success stories like yours (working hard through challenging times -- when so many give up, or only one of the two is ready to make the effort).
It's inspirational!
PG

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Thank you PG! I think it's the sense of humour that really was the keystone;communication came a little harder. And the respect was an absolute necessity.

Blessings

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
I got married because we made a good team and decided to spend a lifetime together. I married someone who has become my best friend. I married both the man (smart, decent, kind, compassionate, and trustworthy) and the boy (funny, playful, maverick, and rebel). We make each other laugh, we have adventures, we have similar goals, dreams, and passions. But we are different enough too. I am the writer, he is the artist. I adore books, he is more musical. We have taught each other so much and there is immense mutual respect AND horseplay!

Parakeet
Parakeet
We've been together for almost five years, living together for four and a half. We aren't married, but eventually we will be. I am going to marry him because I firmly believe him to be the best match for me. He is the best friend I am constantly laughing and joking with. He is the lover I can't get enough of. He is the partner who makes home and money struggles worthwhile.

We are such incredible opposites in so many ways, but sharing our lives has been oddly easy. We vary rarely argue. We compromise. A lot. (Left brained versus Right brained makes for an interesting life!)We get out any aggravation or resentment in teasing each other and horseplay.

Even in a small apartment, we each have a private corner that is all his or own. We both believe this to be key to making marriage work. Even couples need separate space! Little things like that are part of how we manage to have him, me, and "we" in one relationship without too many of the lines getting blurry. It's how I know this relationship is worth trying for "forever."

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Originally Posted By: kristen houghton
Finish the sentence and then elaborate, if you want to do so, on why.

Because

I am half without one.
I need someone to control me.
I need someone to be with me.
I need someone to care for me.
I need someone to love some.
Some one wanted me to control her.
Some one wanted to be with me.
Someone needed my care
Someone needed my love..

These are some of the reasons I married..

LD
Nursing Job
(Looking for Nursery Job in UK?)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.