logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#319814 06/05/07 03:06 PM
OP Offline
I have been hearing people raving about a book that is called "The Secret" to my understanding it is supposed to be about how to get and reclaim you were meant to have. Wondering if anyone else has read or seen the DVD. smile

"You will do foolish things but do them with enthusiam!"-Colette
Sponsored Post Advertisement
aspoiled #319843 06/05/07 05:21 PM
Tiger
Tiger
Have not, been meaning to. You can also watch it online at their website for $5.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

aspoiled #320041 06/06/07 01:57 PM
Shark
Shark
Hello "aspoiled",

Yes, I have seen the movie and read the book more than once. I LOVED it!!! In fact, I plan on reading it many more times.

"The Secret" has a very simple way of explaining how we create the life we want to live. It is very empowering. The book gives little techniques to help you "think" bigger and create your life more in line with your true desires.

Although I have known and experienced many things they talk about, for me it was inspiring to have it spoken so directly and simply. When I need a little faith booster about creating my ideal life, I just pick up the book and read the appropriate chapter. I really look forward to the sequel which I heard is on its way.

Some people criticize "The Secret" and the "Law of Attraction" it talks about. I can't speak for them, but for me, I have found it to be true in my life. In my experience, I really does work smile

I think there is more on "The Secret" in the Self Development Forum, but I'm happy to discuss it here.

Warmly,

Tami

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
aspoiled #320793 06/09/07 11:08 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Good Morning aspoiled!

I enjoyed both the book and the DVD of the secret.

I posted a book review here:

Book Review - The Secret

And a review of the DVD here: DVD Review - The Secret

I've watched the DVD several times, and listened to the book on CD a few times. I've also been enjoying the book in a study group with a group of friends.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

aspoiled #840460 10/01/13 04:41 AM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Remember when the book "The Secret" first came out and everyone was talking about it? This thread was started in 2007.

I remember the first time I heard about "The Secret." They were basically debunking it on CNN, but I was hooked. Did my research and while I didn't actually read the book until a few years later. I read Michale Losier's book "The Law of Attraction." I still remember walking home from the library with the book open. I was that eager to read it.

Now the Law of Attraction is part of our everyday lexicon, but this was not so less than 10 years ago.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

leahmullen #840466 10/01/13 05:26 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yes Leah-

I remember. I also remember my ego getting in the way of me truly enjoying it. My ego reminded me that I already knew the "Secret", was raised on it even. "So, this is nothing new," it coaxed (always afraid that my spirituality and mission on earth will find it obsolete). LOL. I watched the movie on a whim, but didn't read the "Secret" for years.

Soon though, I was reading "The Law off Attraction." I felt like I was sneaking. I was excited though, for the reminders and the opportunity to get back on track.

My ego still pulls crazy stunts, but I'm getting much better at recognizing them these days.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I've seen the video several times. It's great.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
aspoiled #840644 10/02/13 05:42 AM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Debbie, I have yet to see the video! Must put it on my to-do list.

Yvonnie, You are so fortunate to have known "The Secret" before reading about it. My reaction was WOW, I've never heard of this stuff before. Well, I'd heard of positive thinking but only for the sake of peace of mind, not so you can attract things into your life.

Since 2007, when I first heard about the secret, I've been working on all the things that block me from truly tapping into this power. Things like doubt, fear, indecision, beating up on myself, etc. I am still on the journey.

One thing I have embraced is the idea that we can do what we have a desire to do. All limitations are illusions. I have embraced this truth, but I am still working on actually living it.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.