Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#316852 05/24/07 08:17 AM
babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Muslims recognized "Kaebeh" in Mecca, Saudi Arabia as house of God and in any part of the world we have to pray faced to "Kaebeh" and it's a sin if anybody urinate or sit in Toilet in such direction; hence all the toilets (WC) must be built with 90 degree to this direction.
Two days ago I saw a castle named Roodkhaneh in net that is in North of Iran,
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
beautiful place. I do know some muslims are raising a fuss at Northwestern in IL because some of the WC are facing the wrong way and they want the university to chang ALL them.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Koala
Koala
LOL good luck with that!! what is WC?

Elephant
Elephant
water closet (where the toilet is)

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Parakeet
Parakeet
That's very interesting! I'd have to question toilet direction as a method of dating buildings though. As I recall, in the early days of Islam, people prayed facing the temple in Jerusalem, like the Jews. I'd guess that it took a while from the decision to pray facing Mecca for people to decide that that made that a special direction in general as well.

babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Jase
It's so interesting and weird when see educated people in university still follow such fanatics.

Julie
Yeah right Jerusalem was the first Muslim Kiblah for short time in 10 first years of Islam I think and Mohammad turned it to Kaaba (Mecca) when he was in Medina. I heard it was because a lot of Jewish lived in Medina on that time and he cared they boasted of that. Mohammad hoped to converted Jews to Islam but it never happened so ��..

Additional things that you have to know is that in toilet (WC) must not tell the name of God either and a Muslim (Shiite I know) should enter to "WC" with left feet. Washing outlets in definite way that I guess you aren't interesting more! lol

Moderated by  Rachel - Middle East 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.