Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#300482 03/18/07 09:00 PM
C
charon Offline OP
OP Offline
C
hi,
i am an embroider that is looking for a software for HAND embroidery.it would be nice if it worked much like pc stitch.i will buy it if someone has a copy to sell. pegasus@xcelco.on.ca

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
F
I have replied direct to your email addy.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Are you talking about freestyle embroidery, or cross stitch?

As far as I know, there is no software that will design freestyle hand embroidery. Basically, all you need is your fabric and a piece of tracing paper.

Megan McConnell
F
F
Megan,
I have replied to charon direct. If one has a scanner and a picture that one wants to embroider all one would need I think is a scanner,
print the picture on iron transfer, and iron the picture on the embroidery cloth. This does not tell one which colours or numbers of thread to use, that is for the individual to sort.
I do not live in Canada so I can't really give much more advice. Anyone who can?

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yup, Fritsau, that is really all you can do if you want to use a computer to design hand embroidery.

I usually dont go to those lengths - its often easier to just trace using carbon paper, or one of the many time-tried methods to get the pattern onto the fabric.

With freestyle hand embroidery, one of the most fun parts is the choosing of colours and the stitches to use! Or at least that's what I think.

Megan McConnell
Parakeet
Parakeet
I'm with Megan that, in general, it's easier to trace, if you want an outline. I don't like the hand of fabric after the computer iron on transfer has been applied.

However, that doesn't work if you want to print an image and embellish it. I'm wondering if anyone has tried embroidering on any of the print on fabrics? Some of the higher quality ones look like they might be nice to work with, but since you usually have to buy a 5 or 10 pack, experimentation would get expensive fast.

Julie

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I've never heard of them, actually. WHat do they usually cost and where can you get them?

Megan McConnell
C
charon Offline OP
OP Offline
C
hi,
thanks for helping. i have been at this for some time, but i am still looking. software for this could be used for hand, crewel, liquid painting(like paint by number) or needlepunch and so on the ways are endless.
i did find a program that can convert an image into a black and white line drawing but it is rough at best but you can judge for youself go to thinker software and download the conversion software and have fun. i did

Parakeet
Parakeet
The printable fabric starts at about US$2 for a letter size sheet (slightly smaller than A4), usually cotton, though you can buy a 8 1/2" by 120" roll of silk haboti for $25 (hmmm)

They have them at all the big US chain fabric and craft stores - like JoAnn

I've heard that you can print on heavily starched fabric cut into paper sized sheets as well, but I've also heard that it can damage your printer, so I don't want to risk it.

Julie

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi guys! I just found this forum discussion. I've got a computer programme called Cross # Stitch Studio. You import your image and it turns it into a cross stitch pattern.

I haven't used this software yet, but since I like freestyle hand embroidery, my plan was to scan it in, but use freestyle stitches to fill the design in.

This programme is by mindscape. www.mindscape.com is written on the box. I don't remember where I bought it, cause I've had it for awhile. I'll get around to using it one day!

I just noticed that it says here on the box that there are more than 5,600 patterns on here. Wow! I'd better get busy. And, it also says on the box that this is the 2004 edition, so there might be an updated version by now.

Happy stitching!

Affirmation CDs & Spiritual Gifts
http://www.positiveaffirmationsandaudiostories.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Megan M 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.