Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
elle Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
E
I know the feeling. I love my bed in the mornings too.

Have you tried going to bed later? If you're not falling asleep within about 15-30 minutes, then you might be tossing and turning for a few hours meaning that you actually could be getting less sleep when you go to bed earlier.

This is my problem - I'm getting into bed when I'm at my most awake and creative now, because hubby starts work early and I just hate hanging around a quiet house working when he's sleeping. It unnerves me. So I'm in bed at 9.30pm and then I churn plots of stories and details for articles around in my head for ages.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Normally it takes me at least 1/2 an hour to fall asleep. Sometimes more... and less if I go to bed super late like 1 or 2am. Do you think I could only be needing 6 hours sleep? which means if I go to bed at 10:30 I should be getting up around 430 or 5... but if I go to bed around 1 then I'll be getting up around 7. hmmm... interesting. Because this morning I work up at 5 pretty much wide awake and feeling ok but I told myself that I didnt have to be up yet so I ended up going back to sleep and then when I woke up at 730 I felt [censored] again.

I hate being woken up by an alarm.. I want to be able to wake up with out an alarm. Its just so much nicer to wake up when my body says Ive had enough sleep rather than being woken up. I just thought going to bed past 12 was bad (on days that I work) and that I should be in bed before 11. But if thats the case then I should be getting up at like 5 and just do stuff that I enjoy.. hmmmm

E
elle Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
E
It's worth experimenting. And I know that I always always feel worse if I wake up "bright eyed" earlier than usual but tell myself I can snooze for another half an hour. I always end up kicking myself for not getting up when I first woke up.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I think I'll give it a try smile

It may take a few times before it works though lol... Im so awful! But thanks, you helped alot!!!

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Well last night I went to bed around midnight and I ended up dreaming about getting up at 5am. Normally I remember every detail of my dreams, but all I can recall from it is that I was doing everything I could to make sure I was awake at 5am lol.

And then hubby came into the bedroom and said that he forgot what time I wanted to get up and that's the same time I was waking up, which ended up being 40 minutes earlier than usual. So up I got, but I can't stop yawning lol...

So this morning I got up at 6:50 instead of 7:30... but all I wanna do in crawl back into bed...

Last edited by lala21; 07/05/07 09:54 AM.
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
...so speaking of doing things differently today has definitely been much different than normal - and Ive only been up for about 1/2 an hour.

I got up 40 minutes early - even though it sucked! and I still just want to go back to bed!!!

Hubby is making breakfast for us... which is crazy weird because neither of us eat 'breakfast' He normally has a granola bar on his way to work and I generally eat on my first break at 10am. But he is making eggs, hashbrowns etc.

Im also having tea! Lately Ive been drinking tea but today is the first time in the morning.

Another thing Ive been doing every evening is making our lunch before we go to bed. It's been so much better. I end up making a nice healthy lunch rather than rushing around in the morning and ending up taking all the quick unhealthy stuff.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
In fact all day was different. There was this morning which I already mentioned.. and then I got to work early, I ate healthy at work and drank lots of water, I even WALKED home from work rather than getting a ride with someone. That took a good 30 minutes, and its sooo hot today smile

Then I hopped into a nice shower as soon as I got home (normally I have a shower before bed) lol...

E
elle Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
E
Sounds great Lala - it will be interesting to see whether this has any effect on the days following, whether you fall asleep easier and wake/get up more easily. But it sounds like you're going more healthy, which has to be good! smile Keep us posted.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Wolf
Wolf
Why not force yourself getting up and enjoy the morning?
Try to do that for few days.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
how do I "force" myself? right away in the morning i dont have that kind of mentality/motivation

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.