Next Thread
Print Thread
#314288 05/17/07 11:25 AM
M
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
M
Does anyone do the 1,200 calorie diet. I'm trying to get into it but I'm not really sure what to eat for dinners. I feel like whenever dinner time comes I have this uncontrollable need to pig out.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Originally Posted By: MadamPeachy
Does anyone do the 1,200 calorie diet. I'm trying to get into it but I'm not really sure what to eat for dinners. I feel like whenever dinner time comes I have this uncontrollable need to pig out.

I'm a little higher than 1,200 calories. Calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate, the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight.

What is your BMR MadamPeachy? Why do you think you need only 1,200?

For your uncontrollable appetite, check out the link in my sig below.

J
Koala
Koala
J
1,200 calories is pretty low. Your body gets used to that and thinks you are starving so your metabolism decreases anyway.

It's more important WHAT you eat than sticking to a certain number of calories. You can cut back portions and cut out the junk food and do pretty well.

3,500 calories is one pound of fat. If you cut 500 calories per day and increase exercise so you burn 500 more each day, you can lose a pound every 3-4 days which equates to about 2 lbs a week. At that steady rate of weight loss you are much more likely to keep the weight off.

There are foods you can eat and other ways to boost metabolism that are natural too so you are burning more calories through the day. Also, when you exercise, you continue to burn extra calories for hours after the exercise is done.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
joanj,
I really enjoyed the information on your website regarding weight loss. I'm definitely going to give them a try and begin incorporating exercise into my daily routine. Thanks again for such great information.

J
Koala
Koala
J
Hi reyro,

Thanks for the kind words about my site! I am trying to show people the healthy way to do things and make real changes they can live with.

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Joan is right, steady weight loss is the type you want because you can keep it off in the long term.

MadamPeachy, did you end up trying the 1200 Calorie diet?

E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
You can eat much more everyday if you add lots of fresh veggies to your diet, They are low-cal so you can eat much more on your way to 1200 calories. Personally, i do not think that is enough but i endorse eating lots of whole foods in anyone's diet.

V
Amoeba
Amoeba
V
1200 calories is going much too low for almost any adult. The rule of thumb is you want to consume 10x your weight in calories. For example if you weigh 150 pounds then you would need 1500 calories a day. If you go below that daily calorie intake, then your body goes into starvation mode and actually starts storing more fat! Keep in mind, the 1500 calories can't be empty calories from soda, candy, chips, ect. Whole fruits and vegetables should make up a large part of your daily food intake.

I recently found out my triglyceride level was extremely high, so I had to do something drastic and I didn't want to start on medication. My level was 479 and normal is 150. I found a wonderful resource Ultra-Metabolism by Dr. Mark Hyman. I have lost 16 pounds in 4 1/2 weeks following his whole health diet. Get this... You can even have chocolate on this diet and I've yet to feel hungry! Maybe more importantly than the pounds, I've lost most of my fat pockets! I'd be glad to answer any questions about my experience with this program.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I have the Ultrametabolism book and love it. Hyman gives some great info on the government and the food industry and why Americans eat the way they do. You'll never look at sugar the same way again either.

Valerie, have you tried adding cinnamon to your diet for elevated triglyceride levels? Just 1/4 tsp a day can do the trick! I've seen it work in my family members and research backs it up.

Cinnamon and cholesterol

Moderated by  Moss - Nutrition Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.