Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#313840 05/16/07 12:59 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Well Hi Girls,
I'm new, and I was told by a friend that I need to get some guidance.Not sure where to start. I'm very scared my marriage is about to end. I've started to write something 4 times but it all seems to complicated to keep going. The bottom line is I love my husband very much and I don't want to loose him and I don't know what to do.
He's a mean trucker but with a big heart. I'm high strung with high expectaions of people. I have a 7 year little girl he picks on constatntly and I'm always in the middle. I'm sad all the time because he often says hurtful things to me, mostly in jest but it still hurts. We have a strange history and in the beginning he had me conviced he would always be wonderful. (don't they all). But when I tell him what I want he just ignores me. Then it turns into a fight and he just gets mad at me for bugging him. He doesn't really think like most people and is very one-sided. I feel like he doesn't care if stay or go.
anything you can offer me would be great!
Thanks

Sponsored Post Advertisement
sadandscared #313856 05/16/07 02:09 AM
Shark
Shark
This may sound harsh, but how can you love a guy who picks on your child constantly? Because it's not all about you, it's about you and your daughter. If he doesn't care if you stay or go, why would you stay? Just because you love him? He doesn't sound like the type of guy who would be receptive to family counseling but it may be the best option. I do wish you luck, just don't let your daughter grow up believing that this is normal, because she could pay for it forever.

iwonder #313926 05/16/07 10:04 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I agree with you and that's kind of where I'm at. The hard part is this, he doesn't pick on her out of meaness really he just doesn't know how to be any other way. His father was a very mean man when he was growing up. I believe he wants the family and the white picket fence he just doesn't know how to act when he gets it. He does need couseling. I think we all do, but how do you get a trucker who's gone all week to go to counseling. He leaves Sunday or Monday morning and is gone untill Friday.

My daughter is my world, but really I need to let them find their places with each other. He tries, for example her took her shopping for mother's day, he always does that, b-day's what ever. But I can't help jumping in, it's the Mama Lion in me.
Thanks for the input

Inspiring Dreams
sadandscared #313967 05/16/07 12:41 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Sadand scared,
I hate to say this to you but I completely agree with iwonder. You are dreaming if you think things will work out. They rarely do.

As I do for many couples and readers here, I suggest counseling. It should be for you and your daughter, too. Your husband can go later if he wants to but I am reading very low self-esteem issues here with you, and for you it is a priority. This man is destroying you.

You do need to get your daughter out of there as she will grow up with self-esteem issues and a feeling of worthlessness.

"Allow your dreams to become your plans."

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
sadandscared #313968 05/16/07 12:42 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Sadandscared,
Please read this link to the two articles.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by kristen houghton; 05/16/07 12:45 PM.

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
kristen houghton #313997 05/16/07 01:47 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Wow Kristen
I appreciate candidness but for not fully understanding everything I think that "dreaming if I think it will work" is a very negative attitude. You are right about the selfworth issues, but I communicate with her constatnly and she has a wonderful father. (just makes a bad husband) I feel guilty I couldn't make it work with her father but I think she needs to see that things can be worked through as well. That just because someone hurts your feelings you don't just throw in the towel and give up. That's why SOOOO many marriages fail today. I agree my husband and I both have self esteem issues, and they do need to be worked through for all of our sakes.

Inspiring Dreams
sadandscared #314105 05/16/07 07:32 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I think perhaps you are not thinking clearly. Cruel words said in jest are still hurtful. That is called emotional abuse.

I'm not suggesting you "throw in the towel" over hurt feelings, but you have a problem here that can cause your daughter great emotional harm in her life.

Did you know your husband was like this when you were dating? Was he mean to your child then?

While my words may be candid and while you are right, I do not know all of the situation, when someone posts that they are hurt by cruel words and that their child is suffering too, I can't see how it can work out.
You said:
"...when I tell him what I want he just ignores me. Then it turns into a fight and he just gets mad at me for bugging him. He doesn't really think like most people and is very one-sided. I feel like he doesn't care if stay or go."

If he won't discuss things with you, if he doesn't value your wants, then that's not a marriage.

Last edited by kristen houghton; 05/16/07 07:34 PM.

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
sadandscared #314143 05/16/07 11:32 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Well, I thought I posted this earlier - but i got bumped off the board, so we'll try again...

hi sadandscared,

I think your user name sums up perfectly what this is about.

It is very hard to give up on a marriage, it is like giving up part of your own soul.

This is my 2nd marriage, my 1st ended after 9 years - there were a lot of mistakes on both of our parts, but in the end I realized that my daughter AND my son would see how our marriage was and take that for how things should be. That was my final impetus for leaving. I didn't want either child (for opposite reasons) to think it was Ok for their Dad to have a mistress and me.

But it was very hard, and I found myself making may excuses for him because I so didn't want the marriage to end.

If you read over your own first post you will notice that for almost every comment you make stating why you are hurt, you give him an excuse for why he is doing it.

I'm not saying you have to give up on your marriage, yet. But, things do need to change. Even if your husband is a trucker, you still need marital counseling. Many counselors DO work Saturdays because of so many couples that travel in their jobs. On the other hand, your husband may need to make some sacrifices in order to show that he is really commited to working on this marriage.

Quote:
I feel guilty I couldn't make it work with her father but I think she needs to see that things can be worked through as well.

Don't let your guilt over your 1st marriage dictate what you do in this one. They are two completely different relationships - even if you are the same person, your experiences have made you NOT the same person.

I hope that makes sense....

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Koala
Koala
I agree with everyone else here!! theere is no reason to stay if you are scared of him!! and the fear of being alone,,well it sounds like you are all ready alone so... it is better to be alone by yourself and happy with your child then to stay and be alone and scared and sad!!!

jesusfreak #314711 05/18/07 02:22 PM
Shark
Shark
What a sad and scary place to be! No wonder you called yourself "sad and scared." Even the thought of leaving must be hard...but you've reached out for help, which is strong and courageous. Good for you!

Do you have friends, or a pastor, to talk to? Getting outside support is so important. Counseling is a great idea -- even if it's not formal or couples-based. Think of the long-term consequences of this relationship on you and your daughter....is it worth it, no matter how much you don't want to lose him?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.