logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
T
Hi Lisababe
Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It is a very sad natural process. I also had to wait a long time to get my period. I miscarried the beginning of Oct 06, had the D&C 3 weeks later, and did not get my period til mid March this year (about 20 weeks). It was a long wait.

I went to the doctor at 10 weeks and she told me to wait a little longer. I kept on doing pregnancy tests and worrying that something was wrong.

At around 20 weeks later I went to the doctor and she wrote me a prescription to get some tests done. However that night I'd a little bleeding and the next day I got my period!! Crazy eh...(My periods gone straight back to its normal 29day cycle.)

Hopefully you do not have to wait as long as I did for your period. My doctor said it wasn't common to have to wait so long for the first period, but every womans body is different. Maybe if you are worried, go see you doctor and see what she says.

Will keep you & all you strong women in my prayers...
God bless
Thel xx

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
I'm truly amazed by the loving posts here. Well done, to all of you.
I have had two miscarriages this year, and while I too, wanted to let nature take her course ( and she did, at five weeks and then at nine weeks), in retrospect, I wish I had had a D&C for the second m/c. Not because I seek medical proceedures, but because I was in pain, and worried, and would have felt safe with my wonderful doc.
The one positive of miscarrying at home was being able to bury the tiny being. We (my husband and I) took her? him? to a lovely grove of willows near our home, and had a peaceful moment together.
I wish there were some way we who have experienced this loss could be heard in a better way. I had NO IDEA how many women experience miscarriage, nor how many of us feel we have no one who will listen to our pain. Bravo to all of you who are speaking so lovingly to each other, and blessings to you all.
Nicole

P
P
I've been reading this thread and am a bit confused. i seem to have been put through something different to everyone else.

My first miscarrige the "products" came out themselves but this time as i was further along my body didnt seem to know what was going on. I had the scan (sorry if you have read this already in another thread) and the baby had died and i was given a tablet to make things start coming away and was told to come back 2 days later and when i did they put tablets inside me to start contractions. It was horrible. I had an abortion at 19 (im 26 now and ready for children and i wasnt then) and the abortion was the same as this!

This time tho it didnt go as well and i didnt want it to be happening. The doctors and nurses were lovely to me (werent when i had an abortion). I wanted to blame the abortion for it happening but the consultant says there is no way that is the reason.

I got into difficulty this time because the tiny placenta was over the cervix leaving it open so i was bleeding a lot and clotting and the cerix couldnt close so the doctor and to go in and get it out. Was the most horrible experience and i wish they had put me to sleep. I suppose i should be grateful as everything is out and there will be no infection and the post mortem can be done.

A
A
When i had my miscarriage, my gyn didnt want to do a D&C because of my bleeding disorder. She was afraid i might bleed out, she also told me that it look like my body was taking care of everything. I was about 14 weeks pregant when i miscarried. I told told i would start bleeding heavier and if the bleeding got really bad i was to call them. I had a schedule appt 4 days later and my mom was coming with me 4 hours before my appt. I was having really bad cramping. Worst pain i have every had. I began passing very large blood clots. My mom called the office and they push my appt up and told me to come in now. Within 10 minutes of leaving home, I started to hemmorage badly. They had to do an emerancy D&C. I lost so much blood and i was still bleeding. My blood pressure was high to. i was admitted into the hopital.The doctor who perform the D&C kept asking why this wasnt done 4 days ago. My mom is a nurse and said she can handle anything but when it comes to ur owe child its scary. She said that they saved my life that day.

Here is my story. . I have to get this off my chest. .

I'm currently 23 years old and when I found out I was pregnant we weren't "planning" it. . we just bought our first home in November and a week later found out I was pregnant. . we were SO excited. . so was everyone in our family. . so all through December I got to be a happy mother to be.. Christmas time was so fun because I knew next year I'd have a little baby to share it with. . the feeling of knowing you have a baby in you is just MAGIC. . I felt on top of the world every single day. . and so did Josh my fiance'. Unfortunatly I had a miscarriage on Jan 2nd. . way to start the new year huh? I had a prenatal appointment on Dec 10th and they figured I was about 8 weeks and I wasn't due to go back till the end of January for my first sonogram. . New years day I started spotting and called my doctor who told me if it gets any worse to go to the ER. I hung up with him and me and my fiance' went to the hospital. (I couldn't wait). . when we got there they sent me for 2 ultrasounds and a little later the doctor came in and told us we had what they called it I can't quite remember.. but there was no fetus.. but everything else.. the sac, etc was there.. So they sent us home and said I would have to schedule a D & C. Josh and I went home and talked and cried for awhile. .and then went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and still very little blood just spotting. . and then after I laid back down I felt funny so I went back into the bathroom and I was bleeding very bad. . I mean I never thought anyone would bleed like this down there. . We called 911 and they came and got me and we went back into the ER. . called our parents/grandparents. They admitted me and I stayed until the morning when my doctor came to see me. . they sent me down for 2 more ultrasounds and said I still needed to have a D & C. . I was scared.. I never even went to the hospital before this and never had any kind of surgery.. the nurses and doctor were so nice and supportive though that they made me feel alot better. A little later they took me down and I was put asleep. . everything went fine. .and a little later they sent me home. The next 2 weeks I was a nervous wreck, I kept thinking I was gonna start bleeding again bad like that night(but I never did). . just spotting here and there. . a little like a period from time to time. I went for my one week check up and started back on birth control (which I was on when I got pregnant). . and now I have started my first period since all of this happened. . and I keep getting scared thinking that something is wrong. . but I have been assured that what is going on is my body going back to normal. . I get so sad from time to time. . thinking of what could of been. . should of been. The thing that scares me most is wondering if I will ever be able to have a baby. . this was my first pregnancy and the one thing I keep thinking is that I am so afraid to try again. . Josh and I are getting married on October 25th this year. . and that has been keeping me busy planning etc. . and we have decided that after we get married and feel "ready" we will try again. . This time I will be obsessed with doing it right.. getting off the birth control. . no drinking when we start trying. . vitamins. . etc. . though in the back of my mind I know that doing those things doesn't gurantee me anything. . I just feel lost and confused all the time. . and I read how alot of people try again as soon as there doctor says it is ok. . but I don't feel that way and I don't know if that is wrong? I don't know. . I know this was kind of a rambling of different things. . but I had to get it out.

Best wishes everyone. . Alicia

J
J
I just had a miscarriage two days ago. I had a D&C and I feel funny about that too. I worry about bleeding and infection. I wonder,"Did they get everything?" But I am trying to hang in there. I know it is a standard surgery that they do all of the time, but I have never had a sugery of any kind before. And it bothers me. I can relate to you.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.