logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Let go of the past hurt, anger and pain. Look back only for reminders of that which you do not wish to repeat, look forward only for the possibilites on your path and live today to it's fullest. Hold good memories dear, and hope near.

The most difficult part of forgiving is the act of letting go. The longer you hold on to the negative memory, the more it controls you. Imagine that bad memory as if it were sitting right by you and rotting away until it disappears and there is nothing left but the healing and the chance for a new beginning.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I
I

When one's spirit is hurting from another's negative energy, it sometimes helps to be able to forgive the actions of the person and to realize that it is not the person that hurt so much as the lack of consideration of the person who hurt your heart. There is a huge difference between judging and feeling hurt due to a temporary inconsideration of another.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
C
C
Forgiving is about letting go and not using it as an excuse for future conflicts. Forgiveness is more than just words but must be exercise. There is no use of holding negativity that has been done along as most likely that it will just hold up any progress.

Forgiveness is such a troubling topic. Perhaps because of the associations with the language- forgiveness often seems to denote positive feelings, and an abandonment of anger and resentment. Especially when the trespasses (for lack of a better word coming to mind) are heinous, "forgiveness" seems like an impossible gift. The more recent the wound (or the more recent of the re-opening of such a wound), the harder it is to let go of such things. The anger, the resentment, the sadness and pain... affect us (or myself, anyway) physically too. The psycho-somatic takes over everything. It also seems to serve as a reminder that something happened that was not okay, and to give up any of those emotions seems to say that what happened was okay and not worthy of your reaction, thus making it an over-reaction. Holding on to the grief/pain/anger is a way for us to feel some control, a way for us not to forget the happening, a way for us to process what did indeed happen. That being said, i think that one must find within themselves the desire to heal. And when that desire is found, it needs to be cradled and nurtured until it is overwhelming and there is simply no other choice but to release some burdens and welcome a lightness. "Letting go" does seem to suit it a bit, i suppose. But that does *not* mean forgetting or saying that what happened was okay. At least, not to me. It took me many years to reach a point where i could accept any of this in my heart no matter how many people tried to explain it rationally or with simple words. Outlets are needed, ones which are deeply personal. Whatever happened to you needs to be faced and worked-through to make you feel healthy again. Only then can you... how can i put this... for myself, it was almost like putting those memories into a file, and then putting the file into a drawer. The drawer is closed and the filing cabinet is put on a shelf with many others. Some will never, or rarely, be opened again. Some will be opened often. Some will always have a level of rawness to them. But the process of putting those memories *into* the "folders" was like saying good-bye, but less final. It was my way of saying to myself that it was okay to not think about those things anymore. Seeing the people who caused the pain was a trigger for a long while. And sometimes different things will trigger those memories with no warning. For me in many cases, there was an underlying love that was stronger and pulled to me, wanted me to try again. Other times i had to just drop it into the ocean and let it sail away. Put it into the hands of a Higher Power or into the ears of a trusted friend, onto the pages of a journal or splashed onto a canvas. Forgiveness to me... does not mean forgetting. How can one truly forget? Pushing down memories is not healthy, because they will always come back until they are dealt with. Forgiveness means finding the ability and trust within yourself to move on, to move beyond the trials and their scars, and to embrace something positive, light, and freeing. It has absolutely nothing to do with words, especially spoken, in my opinion, but is more of a personal journey or tribute to one's self. There is no need to tell the person they are forgiven if you do not wish to... simply to have a change within is what is needed. Way easier said than done, but so very worth it in the end. i'm not sure if i have even answered your question properly, or if this makes any sense, but i hope that it has helped in some way.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.