logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Zebra
Zebra
Das, it's not only possible, it's essential.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
I believe that it is, Das. It is a conscious decision. You think of all that you would wish you had done if you died without that chance, and you do your best to go to sleep at night with a clear conscience.

To me, it means not leaving undone what I can do, and not doing what is harmful. Making the best of each day. Living one day at a time. Letting someone know that they are loved. They might be gone tomorrow, and we could regret our silence for the rest of our lives,- so I guess it also means living each day as if it might be the last your loved ones have too.

I had a friend who died before I was ready to 'make up' after a quarrel. How I wished I'd swallowed my pride and phoned her! I will never make that mistake again. Pride is cold comfort.

I have had a lot of opportunity to think about my last day, because in 2002 I almost had it! Funny thing, but when you are close to death, (for me anyway) suddenly everything comes into focus, and you see what is really important in life. The mind seems to glimpse a new reality.

So that is why I say: "live each day as if it were your last" - that way, you live in reality.

Patience,

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Thank you for this loving explanation.

P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Dear Das, you can always PM me if you want to talk. I'm always ready to listen to a fellow survivor.

Keep your chin up!

Patience.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Thanks.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Forgiveness is loving someone whether you think they deserve it or not. If we do not forgive others then God does not forgive us. That is because it is hypocrisy to expect it for ourselves and yet think others are less deserving.

Koala
Koala
I agree with JCFreak and Patience!! live today like its your last and harm none!

I would add though, that true forgivenes comes from the heart and soul. Just to say i forgive you is not enough. If you truly forgive someone then you dont bring up what you have forgiven! and forgiveing doesnt mean forgetting either if some one takes something of mine and I forgive them for it that does not mean I forget it and let them take something else and become a doormat!! I have to forgive to be forgiven but God doesnt require me to trust the person completely!!! they have to earn back my trust!!!

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
To me forgiveness is letting go so that specific events, happpenings--even things we've done--don't have any power over us anymore. Sometimes we have to forgive ourselves and others over and over again until full forgiveness is established. It takes time.

Martin Seligman writes about forgiveness--which is so important to happiness in his book "Authentic Happiness."

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I think there are different levels of forgiveness. The basic level seems to involve letting go of the anger and having no desire for vengeance. This is a gift to both parties involved.

In the mid-range of forgiveness, we forgive the person but remember the offense. This way, you protect yourself from being hurt or harmed again.

The highest level of forgiveness includes forgetfulness. Your relationship with the offender is restored to as it was before. In the Bible, there is a verse that reads, "...and He will remember your sins no more."

That is true forgiveness.

I don't know if anyone is capable of true forgiveness except for God and Christ...and possibly, mothers.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Originally Posted By: Lori-Marriage

The highest level of forgiveness includes forgetfulness. Your relationship with the offender is restored to as it was before. In the Bible, there is a verse that reads, "...and He will remember your sins no more."

That is true forgiveness.

I don't know if anyone is capable of true forgiveness except for God and Christ...and possibly, mothers.

I agree with you. I can't see myself ever fully forgetting something that really and truly hurt me or some major blunder that I made myself. But when I look back and feel nothing, I know that I've forgiven. However, as I said sometimes I think I've forgiven and there's a flare up. I'll think back after a number of years and feel hot under the collar all over again. At those times I know I have more work to do. Like Oprah says Forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves.

Last edited by leahmullen; 03/05/09 02:01 PM.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.