One of the things I love about the FF series is the extra encounters their for the sadists amongst us that love powering our characters up to take on insanely hard creatures.

FFX is stacked with them, Omega, the dark aeons, and all arena creations, culminating in Nemisis.

The other things I love is the flexibility of the combat system to allow players to use different styles to go at these challenges.

With that I mind I was wondering how everyone else goes about these . . .

For me, it goes something like this.

1. Prior to the Fight have all characters and aeons overdrives full.
2. Start with Tidus, Kimahri and Rikku (tidus and Kimahri with Break HP limit an 13,000 and 11,000 hp respectively), Rikku has around 7,000hp
3. Tidus has a weapon with counter, magic counter, double overdrive, and armour with Break HP limit, HP+30%,HP+20% and auto phoenix
4. Kimhari has a weapon with counter and magic counter, double overdrive and alchemy. His armour has auto-med, auto-phoenix, HP+30% and HP+20%
5. Rikku has a weapon with alchemy, double overdrive, evade and counter and initaive, her armour has auto-phoenix, auto potion, HP+30% and a 'proof' ability relevant to the battle (usually confuse)
6. Sell all other potions other then al-bhed and mega-potions (thus Rikku will keep using those to do 2000 or 4000 heals to the entire party if she is hit)

Once the battle starts

7. Immediately combine two stamina tablets to let Rikku use Mega Vitality, thus doubling the parties HPs
8. Cast hastega with Tidus
9. Use Kimharis 'Might Guard' overdrive.
10. Have Rikku cast auto life on everyone as quickly as she can.

then its a case of Tidus doing most of the damage as he hist for 9999 constantly (and on his counters), Rikku steals when she can, otherwise keeps healing when needed and refreshing auto life when characters die.

A good tip is to hit triangle to 'pass' on Rikku's move if the creature has the next turn, this way she can heal immediatly after whatever attack it lays down.

I always find it best to just keep attacking with Tidus if at all possible, if you get in a circle of healing each other you'll not have time to damage the creature! Thats where the alchemy / auto phoenix combo comes in real handy!!

When I think I have the creature half way, I bring in Yuna and start using the Aeons, with the weakest first, then all the way through to the Magus Sisters (although Anima's Oblivion often does more damage then their delta attack). It is worth noting that Jojimbo will very rarely, if ever use zanmato against an uber creature even if you give him all your gil, so i don't usually bother.

Sometime Wakka does better damage then Kimhari for me, but when I beat Omega he dropped the break HP armour for Kimhari so thats why i chose him!

anyways thats my tactics, what does everyone else try??