Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#309591 04/25/07 11:46 PM
M
mirly Offline OP
OP Offline
M
One of the many things that continues to amaze me about family violence abuse survivors is their ability to play pretend and live their lives as though everything was normal in thier home.
I have been so intrigued by this since I too played the same game for many years prior to leaving 2 years ago. I have gotten a grant to put together a collection of stories from women who played the game and would love it any survivors were interested in sharing their personal stories. I have advertised across canada and have some wonderful peoms and short stories but it occurred to me that this forum was where I first voiced my own thoughts about the pain/anger/sadness etc I was feeling when I finally had the courage to leave. If anyone is interested, the safest bet would be for me to post a post office box number where the submissions could be mailed. If used, a small honorarium would be paid to the writer if she felt safe enough to receive a cheque.
Let me hear from you and if there is interest, I will post a box number. I am using only first names or initials for the writer's names. This is my way of ensuring that people are aware of survivors and victims and how hard it is for them.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
mirly #309679 04/26/07 11:31 AM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Mirly, feel free to do that. Also be a little more specific about what you are looking for for submissions, such as do you want to know how "the game" was played in their home, how they felt, how they feel now, etc. You may get more responses this way. Also, I can include the informaiton in an upcoming newsletter because I have 100's of readers that get the newsletter but do not come here to the forum.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
N
Shark
Shark
N
So many time, an abuse survivor ends up being re-victimized over and over, both intentionally and unintentionally, by society because of ignorance. You are doing a wonderful thing. If more people understood, I believe there would be a much better chance to end abuse! Thanks for caring!!

M
mirly Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi Jeannette; I am looking for short stories or peoms that tell of a womans feelings as she pretends all is fine when it really isnt. My piece. So you think you know me is going into the book and it is about how others have this idea of who I am based on my words and actions while in public but who I am is really hidden deep inside. All my fears and my desires and my pain is only for a few chosen people to see. I would like stories about the struggle survivors have to endure as they hide their real self from the outside world.
Let me know if this helps and thank you very much for providing the venue to reach so many.

nadaurz #309754 04/26/07 04:40 PM
M
mirly Offline OP
OP Offline
M
So are you going to submit something..nadaurz? You can help others by sharing your feelings because it soounds as athough you care too.

mirly #309903 04/27/07 11:49 AM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
mirly, that definately is clearer! One more question, what is the deadline for submissions? Don't forget to post how to send the submissions to you as well!

mirly #318834 06/01/07 02:56 PM
S
S
Yes, I would be interested in contributing to the work you are doing on "playing the roll that it's all okay'. I am recovering
from a devastatingly violent relationship. My 3rd in a row. This
was the most violent of them all. I am a writer "of sorts", very
rusty from years of neglecting myself and my "gifts". I believe
writing to be one of my greatest gifts, and gifts are meant to be shared. I am new to this site & don't really know how all this works yet. How do I submit this to you. I hope there is con-
siderable time to do so. SueZeeQ

SueZeeQ #318866 06/01/07 07:57 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Sue she has another post here in the domestic violence forum with an email address in it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.