Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
And why?

Or why wouldn't you?

(possible reasons - husband/boyfriends , too cold, funny shaped head, I love to spend hours on my hair, etc)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
What an interesting question! I wouldn't shave my head down to absolute "cue-ball" type baldness. I mean even Natalie Portman, as pretty as she is, didn't look that good when she did it for the movie V For Vendetta. But in the past I have gotten my hair cut to kind of a buzz-cutt at 1/4-inch. I loved it because my head felt so light, and I didn't even have to comb my hair anymore! (Not much to comb).

However, I got a lot of disapproval and pressure to conform from complete strangers. Guys, always older white conservative males, would make a point of calling me "Sir"!

Other people seemed to want to "type" me into some subgroup that would explain the shortness of the haircut: they mistook me for a lesbian or even a Buddhist nun!

I've heard that you should have perfect skin if you're going to risk a haircut this short because it throws merciless attention upon your face. So that's what's holding me back right now. But I would get the buzz cut again, and probably will in the future.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
However, I got a lot of disapproval and pressure to conform from complete strangers. Guys, always older white conservative males, would make a point of calling me "Sir"!

Other people seemed to want to "type" me into some subgroup that would explain the shortness of the haircut: they mistook me for a lesbian or even a Buddhist nun!

How unkind! People do love to put others in categories.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Well, I've already been there (obviously, LOL!)

Of course mine wasn't a choice at the time, but I actually kind of liked it. But people always made the assumption I was going throeugh chemo - so I got lots of comments on what type of cancer I had. crazy

I have been thinking aout doing it again when it gets hot...but I'm having so much fun playing with color right now, and I can't do that with no hair!

I will note that when I was bald I wouldn't go anywhere without my makeup & jewelry on. i just didn't like the way I looked bare-faced, but thought it was kind of elegant when I dressed up.

Last edited by Harmony; 04/18/07 06:10 PM.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I don't think I would ever be brave enough to shave my head or even go to a clipper cut. Maybe it's my years as a hairdresser and concentrating on how hair affects the appearance of the face.

I have often thought I would like a really short cut - like Sharon Stone had. Then I would have to go blond too. smile

My hair has been short but I never cut it that short because of my very uneven curl pattern. I can't be sure how it will react.

And my husband would not care for a really short cut. My hair changes a lot, which is hard enough on him. (He doesn't like change. It always takes him two weeks to get used to it. smile ) I like to keep him happy on the easy things because there is always something big that will come along...

Tiger
Tiger
I did the head shave thing in 2004. I LOVED it and am considering it again for this summer. My hair grows fast. It was mid back up to a few weeks ago when I went to a sadist hair dresser.

I loved it because it was light and airy. When it started to grow back it dried so fast. I could wash it super quickly if I needed to freshen up. My husband didn't seem to mind. I know he likes long her hair but he didn't dis approve. He actually, had to help me cause I couldn't reach all the back to smooth it out.

It wasn't Vin Diesel short but it was much shorter than the Sharon Stone due you mentioned.

I have a cowlick at the back of my head (as well as at the front) so hairdresser have always discouraged going shorter than a 4 inches because it would be hard to manage but I really didn't have a problem with it growing in. I gobbed the goo to it when I need to and it was fine.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Never (even if i would be an actress and given millions more for it). If I ever start losing my hair I will keep it that way but also hide it. I would cut it very short (so short that it would almost be shaved) but I would never go that extra step.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I would, I have and have thought about doing it again. I did it to cut off all the colored and overprocessed straw I called hair. It came back in very soft and pretty.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.