Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#307751 04/18/07 06:40 AM
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I think I had the worst injury yet...I was standing on a metal ladder hanging out the window using a heat gun to strip paint off the window frame and slipped and hurt my foot. I had a horrible bruise that went from the bottom of my foot up to my ankle. I couldn't wear a shoe at all for 4 days and it was a whole week before I could walk around for longer than 15 min at a time.

What did I learn from this accident? Always wear your shoes when working!!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Yikes, Connie. At first I thought you were going to say you fell out the window. That really sounds like a bad foot injury. Are you walking okay now?

Donna

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Hi Donna,

Yes, I am walking fine now...all healed up ready for the next injury!

My dad had fallen out of a tree that week (trimming branches) and my husband told me that he had always thought I got my clumsiness from my mom but after the tree story realized it was my dad that was accident prone! A couple of months ago my dad was under the house working on the plumming. They had came home and the house had flooded and mom told him to call a plummer. My dad is very cheap so he refused and said he could do it himself. He was under the house for two days in a row working and the second evening had some chest pains. He went to the er and they thought he was having a heart attack (and I think then he had a panic attack) and he ended up staying in the hospital 2 days and having all kinds of scans and tests done. Turned out he had just hurt himself while he was under the house. I guess he pulled a muscle or something. Well, about $3000 later the pluming was still not fixed. Mom told him a plummer would have been cheaper lol...

~anonymous~
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
LOL Connie - your Dad's story sure will go down in history for your family.

I'm glad you are healed up - and hope there isn't another injury! wink How's it going with the windows, btw?

Donna

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Your poor Dad! Although the "cheap" statement makes me think of Tim-the tool man-Taylor. laugh

And poor you, too. Any injury on the bottom of the foot is not only painful but disruptive. It's hard to heal something that you are on all day. And as for bruising - since blood goes to the lowest point to drain, that must have taken awhile.

Our only injurys during home improvements (painting being the most recent) are pulled back muscles! But I think that's a fairly common thing.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Donna, my grandaughter has been visiting for about a month now (she will be 3 next week) so I really haven't had a chance to get anything done. I do have one of the windows cleaned up (all the paint is gone except for a few places) and so I need to get the other one done. My grandaughter is going home next week so hopefully I will get things accomplished!

Michelle, I have bad feet problems anyway but at least I did get a chance to finish up some beading projects I had started! Now I need a new project!

~anonymous~

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.