Hi Selah 68,

So sorry for the late response. I hadn't noticed a new reply to the dreams editor intro post blush I hope my lack of reply doesn't deter you from posting!

Your dream is very interesting. I think probably the most interesting thing is what you said at the very beginning - that you would never buy a bird as a pet because you don't think birds should be caged. When interpreting dreams, the very first place to start is with your own associations. It sounds like you identify positively with birds, just not caged ones. Birds as a general dream symbol are often association with freedom and voice so it might very well be that your dream is symbolizing some feelings of being "caged" when you normally allow yourself to be free. It may also indicate that you are keeping quiet or not using your voice in some way. Voice means more than just talking - voice can refer to writing or singing or some other creative endeavour that might not be being utilized. And since cats can be symbols of intuition the dream might also indicate having intuition but not giving it a voice by trusting it.

I hope this helps some! And again, please forgive the delay in response. I truly hope you'll come back!