Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#305509 04/06/07 11:15 AM
A
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
A
First of all, I would like to extend to all my Christian friends my best wishes for a Happy and Holy Easter. May it be filled with many blessings for you all.

I have just watched the Mel Gibson film 'The Passion of Christ' on the TV.

I would like to ask Christians for their opinions on it. It moved me very deeply, but I am not a Christain and would be interested to know what Christians thought of the film.

With all good thoughts,

Ann.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I am not Christian either. I was deeply moved by this film especially the end where he was beaten and then walked to Calvary Hill.

I do have a question about the scene in the movie that my Christian parents and my uncle who is a pastor can not answer. After he is beaten in the court yard, Mary and Mary Magdelean are seen wiping the blood off of the courtyard floor with what look like sheets. Does anyone know the significance of this? Or was it for the movie only?

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I don't know of the signifigance either other than they were just trying to clean His blood from the courtyard. I wasn't able to ask my pastor about it yet. If I find something different, I will let you know.

Follow this link to see a powerful song put with the scenes from the Passion to make an even more powerful video.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: anndidetal
First of all, I would like to extend to all my Christian friends my best wishes for a Happy and Holy Easter. May it be filled with many blessings for you all.

I have just watched the Mel Gibson film 'The Passion of Christ' on the TV.

I would like to ask Christians for their opinions on it. It moved me very deeply, but I am not a Christain and would be interested to know what Christians thought of the film.

With all good thoughts,

Ann.

jesus suffered. But he forgave.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
That is why Jesus suffered, CD. Just so He could forgive. He suffered for us and our sins.

The movie touched me like no other movie about Jesus ever did.

It had to be that graphic so people could see, according to the scriptures, exactly what Jesus went through for you and for me. I cry everytime I watch that movie and then I thank Jesus for what He has done for me and I also thank Him because if I was the only man on earth, He would've went through thew same thing for me.

CD, if you respond to this post again, follow this link to see the scenes from the Passion put to music from Carman called "This Blood". It is very powerful.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
A
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
A
I tried to play the video but it would not work for me. (the fault of my very slow connection I think)

Perhaps the reason why they cleaned up his blood was because it was precious to them, as the blood of our loved ones would be. It would be terrible to just leave it there. I think the Jewish religion placed great importance on blood.(but I could be mistaken)

I found some scenes puzzling, like the one where the 'creature' -which I presumed to represent Satan, was carrying a demon child. Who did the child represent?

As I said, I am not a Christian, and I believe that Jesus (I liked the way they called him by his Hebrew name - Yeshua) suffered terribly, but I also believe that HE believed he was suffering for the whole world. He entered Jerusalem that last time with that purpose.

To me, he was a great Master and a prophet, but not God. I have no belief in a personal God. I tend more to Pantheism. But I love Jesus as a person. He brought a message of love which the world still has to learn. He is the perfect example.

Ann.

Wolf
Wolf
Hello friend,

Jesus was God. One day you will get that revelation and you will be amazed. I believed like you but when I saw, I believed.

The problem is -- Jesus has been discussed so thoroughly in the western society that peoiple have forotten his essence.

Church being equated with Jesus was another major blunder.

I go to no church or temple or any such place.
I talk to him in my heart and get guidance and answers. With some answers I am amazed.

I will add-

Even those who do not believe that Jesus was God, are blessed if they have compassion for the earth and for those who live on that. You have that friend, and you are blessed.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
While it is true that you do not need to go to a church building to be with God, it is good to go and get the word from a bible believing pastor and for the fellowship of other Christians.

The church is inside you where Jesus dwells.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
The Passion was very moving. Many things in it portrayed biblical truths very well. Mary and Mary wiping up the blood is not biblical. There are a few things in the movie that I take as poetic license.

A
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
A
Thank you everyone for your loving replies.

Bless you all.

Ann.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.