logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Have you read Babak's posts about punishment in Islamic countries?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
I have read some, but probably not all, but they do not make for pleasant or agreeable reading, a lot of the time, do they?

M
Shark
Shark
M
has anyone read the short story "the lottery" it relates endlessly to this topic

Mindy, Adoption Editor
Adoption Site
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
What is that story?

M
Shark
Shark
M
Its ...well quite obviously a story about a lottery..a whole city has gathered and are terribly excited...the children are all running aroudn gathering stones (which you assume are for skipping rocks or such)...there is one man in charge of the black box that contains all the family names. He draws a name (we will say jones since I for the life of me can't remember) and Mrs. Jones calls out to her oldest daughter asking her if she wants to join the family in the final draw (once they have drawn a family they pass out small pieces of paper to each membmer, the one who ends up with the black pieces of paper is the winner of the lottery. The daughter declines...the mother the father and both of the other children are given a piece of paper. The children open there hands..and have a white paper...then the husband..also white paper..then the mother looking terrified opens her hand ..and has a black piece of paper. Her own son pulls a one of the rocks he has gathered and throws it at his mother, the rest of the crowd joining in, and the woman is stoned to death. They don't question it, they don't attempt to stop it, it is merely a tradition that has been carried down therefore it is sadly okay in their community....

Mindy, Adoption Editor
Adoption Site
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
i hope that was just a wierd story Mindy.
in a way the sudan govt is right.atleast men and women will value marraiges and family.
but the article says noth abt what the man was caught for or let free for.

L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Engee, you sound very innocent here. I am surprised with your posts on that prayer request where you joined with others to thrash a man.

A girl from Japan.
Zebra
Zebra
Lordsaveme, are you being deliberately antagonistic? you say you are a happy Buddhist...perhaps Right View, Intention and Speech are relevant here...?

E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
Originally Posted By: Lordsaveme
Engee, you sound very innocent here. I am surprised with your posts on that prayer request where you joined with others to thrash a man.

lordsaveme,did u read what cdm wrote to me?there was no reason to insult me.
i dono why u dont feel he has hurt me too.
i have apologised for the mistake on my part.
dont people in ur place not accept apologies like a few indians also dont?

L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Originally Posted By: Alexandra
Lordsaveme, are you being deliberately antagonistic? you say you are a happy Buddhist...perhaps Right View, Intention and Speech are relevant here...?

I am on this earth for 70 years now and I need not honestly learn from people like you who join with others and give suffering to a man. Are you a Buddhist, a practicing Buddhist? I have my doubts, because Buddha did not teach what you do. I am sorry if you feel bad, but you did not accept the request of that man but began telling him what was right. Are you, engee and others Gods? Law of karma says that all of you will reap what you sowed.

A girl from Japan.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Barbara - Women's Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.