Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Shark
Shark
M
hmm I personally did learn about Japan, is this not something that is standard - yes we did focus more on the holocaust because we eve n had a surivor come speak to us but we did infact learn about both..and countless other injustices.

Mindy, Adoption Editor
Adoption Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Originally Posted By: Craig58
We talk a lot about the Holocaust, but rarely are the barbarically gruesome atrocities committed by the Japanese Imperial Army discussed. The actions of the Japanese Army against the Chinese people and Allied POWs was extremely violent. When the Japanese conquered the Chinese city of Nanking in late 1937 they raped and butchered the civilian population of the city. Every female from age 8 to 80 was a potential victim of rape. Japanese soldiers even raped pregnant woman. Many of the women they raped were butchered after they were raped. Captured Chinese soldiers were used for Live bayonet practice. Many others were machine gunned to death and their bodies dumbed into the Yangtzee River.

Before the Allied could capture a Japanese POW camp the Japanese had the American soldiers placed into a trench. They filled the trench with gasoline and set it on fire. They burned all the POWs to death and shot dead any that tried to escape.

Why are the atrocities committed by the Japanese never taught in school. Why do we only concentrate on the Holocaust and the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima? Why not also discuss the Aliied fire bombingd of Dresden and Tokyo? By what we often teach in school students might think the Holocaust was the Only atrocity committed during World War II.

Japan has said sorry to China. Both the countries are trying to improve relations now.

A girl from Japan.
Zebra
Zebra
I think sometimes the cultural and lingual difficulties can also be a hindrance, if people do not fully understand how a country works, on an historical and psychological level, misunderstandings can arise...

"As one reason, I think we are not unwilling to express apology to others; rather, it seems to me that words of apology make us relieved not to make friction and smooth over the relationships in our social life in Japan. I think this tendency is one part of our Japanese national character. And we haven't had the background of lawsuit-active society like America. Before I came to America from Japan, I heard that we must not apologize even if we have a car accident.....But I think I should pay more attention not to apologize too much in America, because I'm afraid the Japanese's modest way sometimes makes Americans feel strange. Moreover, it is subject to being misunderstood as the lack of self-confidence or misunderstanding.
"

(This off a website dealing with cultural questions....

The Japanese are intensely polite, fastidious and meticulous people...There is a great deal of tradition, ritual, custom and inbred courtesy in many things they do, and sometimes this can be misinterpreted by those not familiar with the Japanese.

I frankly think they are wonderful, and my ambition is to visit Japan....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.