Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
cb78 #304593 04/03/07 09:04 AM
A
Shark
Shark
A
OK everyone. Let's all pause and take a breath.

A request for prayer should not develop into analysis, criticism or opinions about the reasons that prayer has been requested.

None of us can know what is in another's soul. None of us knows the whole story. We are not privvy to all the details and should not second guess whether the person needs to change their attitude or whether or not their needs are a result of their actions. There are a lot of things that are the result of the choices and actions of others. We are responsible only in the sense that we have been hurt by them, and that is human. People are abused all over the world and it cannot always be said that they invited it or attracted it. Some of the worst abused in our world are tiny children.

Let us not lose sight of the request. It was simply for prayer, not a diagnosis.

You have my prayers CDM - unconditionally and with no strings attached.

Ann.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
cb78 #304595 04/03/07 09:09 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
People!! I refuse to allow my post to become a subject of debate here. There is no right or wrong way for people to respond to you here Cdmohatta. You asked for help and whatever help is being sent your way should be appreciated. Perhaps part of the lesson you are learning in all of this is to show understanding and compassion to those who are attempting to help you. Isn't that really the lesson behind everything you are experiencing?

Engee did nothing wrong. But, Engee, if Cdmohatta has asked you not to pray for him you must abide by his wishes. You have no reason to defend yourself. I am sure that everyone else in the forum understands that you were only offering heartfelt love to Cdmohatta with no ill intentions.

So let's stop the bickering and support CDM in his time of confusion. And CDM..behave yourself!! ... I love you...

Linda

Linda Paul
Tarot
cb78 #304603 04/03/07 09:49 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
CDM, I do not understand how you are getting mad at engee for telling Linda that her comments were well said when you thanked her for those same comments and asked God to bless her and that was the thread before engee's.

You also need to be careful about who you tell can or cannot pray for you. It could be that person's prayers that help you and make you whole again.

I believe engee was just commenting on Linda's explanation on why she could not pray for you.

You once said that your guru is Jesus Christ. If Jesus took your diseases then that's great for you because He will take them if you just ask Him. He put your diseases on the cross with Him so don't feel bad if He took them from you. Rejoice and praise Him for taking them from you.

But you really shouldn't pick and choose who can and cannot pray for you, because that will turn a bunch of people off from wanting to pray or help you.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Originally Posted By: Spirituality
What you are experiencing is a direct consequence to your actions. You have, in effect, created everything that is happening to you at the present.......... you created reasons why your wife has left you.............

I'm sorry, but with respect for your beliefs, I have to disagree with this perspective when you direct it at someone else. You cannot know that this is a direct consequence to the writer's actions. Neither can anyone know that he created everything that is happening. You certainly cannot know that the writer created reasons why his wife left him. Unless of course you know him personally and know all the details concerning these matters, or unless you have the power to see into this man's soul.

Originally Posted By: Spirituality
No amount of prayer is going to help you out of this one. Whatever you are seeking right now is not going to come from outside of yourself, but from within yourself.

I think most people would agree that prayer is positive thought, directed towards the best and highest good of the person for whom the prayer is offered. To say that no amount of prayer is going to help this man, is to make a value judgment on his worthiness.

It is this power of prayer (or positively directed thought - mind power if you don't believe in God) which can provide the ability to change from within. I recall reading a part of scripture which I have always liked. It is where Jesus tells his followers that the 'Kingdom of God is within them'. This being the case, then prayer can and will help anyone who is prayed for with sincerity.

If you prefer, it is wishing someone their 'best and highest good' - whatever that might be.

I think I can understand why this gentleman feels hurt. His 'reasons' for requesting prayer have been put under the microscope and therefore anyone seeming to agree with this point of view, (as one respondent did after saying he/she would offer prayers,) would appear to be in contradiction of his/her original statement.

I offer positive thoughts, and sincerely wish the gentleman peace and resolution of the problems concerning him.

Patience.

Last edited by patience; 04/03/07 02:37 PM.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

Elephant
Elephant
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
Engee. Pl. do not pray for me from today onwards.
I am sorry but I want nothing to do with you in future.

CD - I respect you, but however, you are going over the line. This forum is meant for sharing and talking with each other. People are entitled to their opinions and are free to post wherever and whenever they want.

I think you need to check the attitude, appologize and realize that people are people, with feelings, emotions, and opinions. I think you need to think seriously about the way you have treated people not only in this post but others. Just because you know something, doesn't mean someone else doesn't. To tell people they don't know things, they are wrong, or that you know the truth is quite egotistical and rude.

I only say this now because I have bit my tongue on the many times you have done this. This place is a welcoming place, and not a place to attack others or push them out of the way. In the future, there is a thing called the ignore button and if you don't want to read someones post use it. Don't abuse them in the forums!

Spirituality, if you want, I will leave this forum for my post today, but I said what I needed to have said in this forum for a while.

CD- respect is a two-way street!

Last edited by Jase; 04/03/07 05:56 PM.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Hi CD,

I think you know by now that I will pray for you. I don't understand this whole "taking on disease" aspect, so I'm gonna just kind of pray for health for you and your teacher.

As far as your wife goes, I understand where that hurt is coming from...but, you've been hurting over her for so long, that I wonder if maybe we should pray for healing of your heart and the ability to move on instead? My first husband left me, so I understand where you are coming from. In some ways the fact that he married his mistress made it easier for me to move on, because I knew not to hold out hope for him to come back for me.

And as for your children, what a blessing they are! I undertand that you don't want to be a burden to them anymore - but it is proof of their love for you that they do not hesitate to help and do not consider it a "debt".

Take care

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
cb,spirituality,amadeus and jase,

thankyou so much for your support.you have made me feel better really.i was horrified yesterday.
frankly i did not mean anything.

while i did agree to a few pts linda said i did not agree to all.
it was my mistake to not have pointed out specifically wht i agreed upon.and disagreed upon.i do apologise for that mistake on my part.

i am aprayer person and i have been praying for everyone in pain ever since i can remember.
i sent prayers across and frankly there is no reason i shudn.
i have no reason to hate anyone on ths forum or otherwise.

its a prayer request and i sincerely respect it.
best regards to everyone including cdm.
engee

Last edited by engee; 04/03/07 09:34 PM.
engee #304782 04/03/07 09:57 PM
Elephant
Elephant
Michelle! Nice to see you around! I miss ya gurl!

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
engee #304785 04/03/07 10:24 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I still stand very firmly on the point that we create our own reality. We may not create the circumstances, but we certainly create our reactions to those circumstances.

In order for you to correct this situation CDM, you have to be willing to tackle each problem individually.

First of all you have to realize that a Guru has absolutely no power over you unless you allow him to have that kind of power. Therefore, if you object to what he is doing, tell him to stop doing it or leave.

Secondly, when you mentioned your wife left you, you also mentioned that she would come back a better person. What if she doesn't? What if she is fine the way she is? Maybe a compromise is in order. In every situation both parties consider themselves to be the victim. Perhaps she is feeling just as much a victim as you are. Talk to her or find a counselor who can get to the root of the problem.

Third, it is your guilt that is making you feel bad with your children. If they didn't want to help you they would not. Accept their help with honor and respect for the people they have become.

You do have options.

And finally, I never boot anyone out of this forum. People are free to say what they need to say, and disagreement is part of life. I do however, sincerely request that all who post refrain from name calling, outright disrespect or abusive language.

We all come from different backgrounds, different faiths, and different cultures, so we are bound to run into communication difficulties. I freely admit that although I agreed to take on the task of writing the Spirituality page and moderating the forum for Bella, I don't even begin to have the answers to life. I have my opinions as we all do, and sometimes people agree with them, and sometimes they do not. Either way is fine.

I think that all of us are learning a great deal about each other in here. We are learning lessons about love, compassion, wisdom, hope, life, death, God, Goddess, Buddha, trust, respect and honor. WOW! And we don't have to leave the comfort of our homes to do this.

I am not the "boss" in charge of this forum, just a teacher and a student struggling along life's pathway like everyone else. This is YOUR forum to speak about who you are, share your dreams, your ideas, your friendship and your love.

Love and Light...

Linda Paul
Tarot
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Many people mercilessly thrashed a man who made a simple request. Instead of respecting his request, most of you started teaching him about what is right and what is wrong. Are you all gods? I think that none of you fear God's judgment. You must have pained this man. Will your turn not come?

A girl from Japan.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.