logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#304545 04/03/07 05:15 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Can the capture of UK sailors by Iran erupt into something major? Does this give an excuse to the USA to attack Iran?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Modern Woman #305234 04/05/07 10:03 AM
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
The USA seems to start war on reasons they pick and choose irregardless of the integrity of those reasons. To me, the UK soldier situation does not give them a valid excuse to start a war, but in these times, I would not be surprised if the USA did start a war about it.

Kim DeLeary
Paranormal Editor
N
Gecko
Gecko
N
The US can't do [censored] militarily now because we're stretched so thin w/Iraq. Although I'm sure the "decider" Bush would if he could.

How about those gorgeous new suits Iran outfitted the UK sailors in before releasing them ... and the positively dowdy get up they put the female sailor in???

nosy #305253 04/05/07 10:46 AM
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
yeah, that's right on both the us being stretched so thin and bush's mentality of war.

maybe the British want the female soldiers to appear dowdy and unattractive in order for them to be safe from the sexual attacks from their fellow men officers in view of how it is coming to light how US female soldiers are not safe from sexual attacks from their fellow male soldiers in Iraq. BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Kim DeLeary
Paranormal Editor
N
Gecko
Gecko
N
No - Iran outfitted the Brit sailors in beautiful new suits before releasing them - all except the female who they dressed in a godawful get up.

nosy #305262 04/05/07 11:24 AM
Zebra
Zebra
It's all political. I guarantee these soldiers will have been advised to say the bare minimum to the press, and that what they do say must be friendly, non-controversial and wholly positive regarding the Iraqis.
It has been said that no concessions were made by either the UK or Iran, but most free-thinking intelligent people will know there's little truth in that.
Iraq has taken pains to state that the release of the soldiers was not for the benefit of the British Government, but for the British people. This is to try to ensure unpopularity for the UK Government if they DO commence hostilities towards Iraq....
Iraq has said that Iraq will defend itself, but that the Iraqi people are loving and friendly... This is to encourage outrage, in case of hostilities and eventual civilian casualties...

so you see....

All political posturing, all dancing and playing the game....

Doesn't it remind you of the playground games of small boys at school, a little?
I sometimes think we have childish leaders, playing childish pranks...

Ah well....

Last edited by Alexandra; 04/05/07 11:25 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.