Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
wow... I'm so excited!!! Those are all such great posts! laugh I'm going to try those suggestions! laugh laugh laugh

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
K

Happiness means differently to different people

what I felt is everyone deserves happiness
But many people forget that they are the ones who should bring themselves the happiness.

Many times, they feel it should be their family members, their friends who owe them happiness.

To gain happiness, we must first attract positive thoughts and energy. My life has changed since I watched The Secret and practice what Bob Proctor taught about the Law of Attraction.

If you have a chance, watch the movie and read the report too.
It is life transforming no matter which part of life you are in.

Cheers!

Zebra
Zebra
Grrrrr!! If I hear one more thing about this re-cycled new-age wondrous revelatory discovery that is actually as old as the hills - I'll happily scream!! laugh laugh laugh

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Well, some of us need the repetition, dear. laugh (i.e. me!)

Yes, i agree it is no one else's responsibility to bring us happiness. And yet today at the same time i am appreciating how much people affect my happiness and mental health. Today i have a house guest... what a difference it makes in my life! I am happier and more focused when i am around other people... so long as they are reasonably positive/healthy people.

I have also learned how much being around negativity (mostly criticism, pessimism, and anger) affect me adversely, and of course, abuse... even in minute quantities and even when not directed at me. I have learned as i get older to more consciously choose the people i allow to be close and involved in my life. I don't avoid negativity entirely... almost everyone has times when they are sad or angry and i don't chuck friends just because they go through a rough time... but i don't keep people who are regularly like that in my circle of friends. I'll suggest to them it is poisonous, but if they don't get on board then i let them go.

But people in general... are good for me. Most of the people reading this have family or people they live with. I don't, and my family never paid me much attention. They are not, for instance, people who will call me on any holiday. So i notice quite a bit of difference when there are people around and when there aren't.

Zebra
Zebra
Now ya see...? I wuz right about wanting to come over and hug ya!!

It's a poor, poor substitute, Holly, but I'm here for you.
Consider me that irritating sister who always borrows your clothes, your CDs, your make up and jewellery, but when the going gets tough has heaps of tissues and comforting cuddles..... wink

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Hey, i've been looking for my white t-shirt... is it in your closet? laugh

My guest is out today on errands, so while she is out i'm going to get another room set up for a guest who is arriving tomorrow.

I know that part of being happy is learning how to set our sorrows down sooner and not hanging on to them so long. My missing family does not serve me, and i've been carrying that as a wound for too long now. Time to let that go and get on with joy and appreciating the life and good friends i have. Life can be great no matter what hand we're dealt i think, if we focus on our blessings. smile

So next time i gripe about it... just tell me to cut it out, k? laugh

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Focus on blessings.
Beautiful words.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
How are you today, das?

My houseguests are gone now, so i can start catching up at home and i'm looking forward to reading people's posts here in more detail. smile

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I need to make changes not only to be happy to for my survival.

Shark
Shark
Happiness and Change... Two words that we can relate to life. I find these words to be the same in some ways and quite different in others. If we change to be something more, something unique or there was a situation that changed, we will feel happy. That's a positive.

There's also a negative thing to it. If we broke a relationship with a loved one, a thing that you didn't want to change... that's where change and happiness can differ from one another. Life is like that. Two sides of the same coin you might say.

Woah. I'm getting a little inspired here. I do apologize if I am too much.

Does anyone else agree with me? Just reply below :D Any insight is welcome.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.