Gecko
Gecko
N
Why does it matter?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
It matters because they justify wearing all those clothes in the name of religion. If they call it fashion that would be OK. But they claim it as their right. With answer as fahion, they may be told to change. Not so, if they say that my religion makes me wear all this.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Christian Muslims, a new religion?

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Zebra
Zebra
Her other name is Miss Footinmouth..... laugh

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
I was only thinking about how religions get invented.

Zebra
Zebra
I think it would be difficult to create a whole new never-been-tried-before religion...I think that any 'new' Religion would be an adaptation or loosely-based copy of an existing one....

Yoda in star wars was actually modelled on a Tibetan Lama, and much of the "Wisdom and Sagacity" of the Jedi code is based on Buddhist teachings....

Pastafarianism gains much from both Buddhism and Rastafarianism.... But this woman's crass remarks are a different thing altogether....How on earth can she say that Moslems would be welcome to Australia if they embrced Christianity and Christian beliefs!? I mean, really!!

"
"There are Christian Muslims - there is no problems about that," she told ABC radio yesterday.

"But if people believe in the way of life under the Koran, that concerns me greatly."

The comment - an apparent reference to Arab Christians - revives memories of her famous "Please explain" gaffe during her early days in Parliament.

In another curious statement, Ms Hanson said Malaysia had been "taken over by Muslims, despite a long history of Islam in that country".

....What......?!

Her ignorance on the topic is not about 'creating a new Religion' as the article implies in its opening statement. It's about how little she has researched the subject.

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear..... *shakes head.....*

N
Gecko
Gecko
N
My point is, whether it's for religious reasons or not, and whether you recognize the claimed religion or not, why worry about someone wearing pirate clothes?

I don't think the student in question is just claiming the religious right so he can wear pirate clothes. I think he's making a statement about freedoms. Why do those with religious requirements get special treatment in a public school?

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
yes, nosy, if wearing of pirate clothes does not bother you, it is OK.

N
Gecko
Gecko
N
Are you saying that if pirate clothes bother someone they shouldn't be permitted?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.