logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I was wondering about the extent to which romance films affect our lives. Has anyone personally found that their views on romance/ relationships have been influenced by the romantic movies?

I know that I myself am still waiting for the 'perfect' relationship where love conquers all. Despite logic and reality telling me different I would never settle for anything other than head over heels love.

Does anyone else feel the same? Or did they once feel that way and looking back can see where these thoughts have had an impact on their lives?

Even if you know that its unrealistic, do romance films still subconciously have an influence on your attitude to love? In what way?

Please tell me I am not alone in feeling this way!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wolf
Wolf
They do have a lot of influence. We may subconsciously even copy some of the mannerisms.

I don't think a movie has influenced my life, so much as gave me some good lines that summed up what I already felt inside. One example was Pretty Woman's, "I want the fairy tale" ~ meaning, she didn't want 1/2 of the man and 1/2 of his time, she wanted a fulltime committed R. There are several quotes from movies that have stuck with me, simply because they explained what I was already feeling inside.

Life is short ~ Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Shark
Shark
Hello antz-pantz,

No, you are not alone. Many people want the fairy tale romance. I went running in the opposite direction, feeling that such things only happened in movies and books. I didn't look for fairy tales and I felt I didn't want them.

Now at 33, I can say I found a secret little place in my heart that does indeed want whimsical romancing. Maybe it was always there and the logical part of me wanted to beat it down so it would not threaten reality.

Wolf
Wolf
I think that most of us dream of such romancing.

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.