Hello all,

I am a new member here as far as posting. I found this forum a couple of weeks ago, and have been busy reading articles and printing info off. We're doing an english garden style at our home in sunny No. Calif where roses grow happily like weeds! We are lovers of the ROSE, especially the antique ones and old and new climbers, our other passions are TEA PARTIES and large scale garden railroading and porcelain head dolls here.

We have just had our front yard area redone(they finished yesterday- woohoo!) with a brick center circle sounded by brick path areas and the four corners are brick quadrants for roses. We have found a small metal gazebo in the center- we can put it off the driveway and on the new brick on Sunday afternoon. This front yard area is bordered by a custom built white picket fence and cottage garden plants. Our house is painted a periwinkle blue with white trim, a good background to show off the roses! We say we are the brightest house on the block,just look for the house with all the ROSES!

Can I post pics of our english garden and roses etc. on this forum??

Oh, our rose passion really began in 2003 with one rose to blame for it all-- "angel face". I call my husband DH- which at our house means "digger of holes". We have a very good arrangement here-I buy a rose, he plants a rose...

careytearose