logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
People were put to death for many things especially blasphemy.

Romans 6:23 reads "For the wages of sin is death."

If death was a law of the land back then, then death was permitted in the Bible by the law.

Thou shalt not kill does not refer to the law of the land, it refers to killing outside of the law or for revenge or for whatever.

amadeus
----------------------------------------------------------------

If a dictator rules a land and makes his own laws. the law permits killing. Is that acceptable by Bible?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I apologize for the comment about the Swastika. I didn't know it was a revered symbol before Hitler made it infamous.

I should have researched it before making an off hand comment about it. I apologize to those whom I offended.

Cdm, if a dictator rules a land and makes his own laws, then its the law of the land until someone else changes it.

Just like America, there are laws made and changed all of the time. They are the laws of the land.

If a dictator makes laws that are against God, then God will deal with him on the day of Judgment.

I do not agree with laws like I have to wear a seatbelt. But until someone changes it, I will have to or get in trouble for it.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Zebra
Zebra
To add to Pondlady's and CDM's comment on the Swastika, Many asian street maps have a swastika to denote the whereabouts/presence of a temple.
My avatar bears the title "100% Buddhist" which of course, given its uses by other Religions, is not 100% true - but I want to try to put things back in order....I would like to see the swastika restored to its holy-representative status, if you like...

Funny how in the hands of some, something essentially good, wonderful and representative of wholesome goodness can be distorted to mean something entirely opposite...isn't it? wink

Alexandra #298701 03/12/07 06:07 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
RE the death penalty. It is one of those laws made by men that doesn't work. It deters no one from killing. Never has, never will. We don't kill all that many folks with the death penalty, but one is too many. Killing is never justified. Doesn't matter how much we want to kill someone.

When I was in school, I was a teaching assistant in philosophy (My degree is in philosophy of religion). I used to use this in at least one class each term: A man, having been shipwrecked, sees land in the distance. As he nears, he sees a gallows and says, "Thank God, I am landing in a Christian country." ....Finish the story. My students loved it and learned much about what/how they were thinking, how they were taught and where we needed to concentrate our efforts that term.

Jan Goldfield

pondlady #298725 03/12/07 09:30 PM
T
Shark
Shark
T
I oppose the death penalty.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Originally Posted By: amadeus1220
I apologize for the comment about the Swastika. I didn't know it was a revered symbol before Hitler made it infamous.

I should have researched it before making an off hand comment about it. I apologize to those whom I offended.

Cdm, if a dictator rules a land and makes his own laws, then its the law of the land until someone else changes it.

Just like America, there are laws made and changed all of the time. They are the laws of the land.

If a dictator makes laws that are against God, then God will deal with him on the day of Judgment.

I do not agree with laws like I have to wear a seatbelt. But until someone changes it, I will have to or get in trouble for it.

I understand what you say. thanks.

Alexandra #298776 03/13/07 01:38 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Originally Posted By: Alexandra
To add to Pondlady's and CDM's comment on the Swastika, Many asian street maps have a swastika to denote the whereabouts/presence of a temple.
My avatar bears the title "100% Buddhist" which of course, given its uses by other Religions, is not 100% true - but I want to try to put things back in order....I would like to see the swastika restored to its holy-representative status, if you like...

Funny how in the hands of some, something essentially good, wonderful and representative of wholesome goodness can be distorted to mean something entirely opposite...isn't it? wink

Very true.

pondlady #298778 03/13/07 01:40 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Originally Posted By: pondlady
RE the death penalty. It is one of those laws made by men that doesn't work. It deters no one from killing. Never has, never will. We don't kill all that many folks with the death penalty, but one is too many. Killing is never justified. Doesn't matter how much we want to kill someone.

When I was in school, I was a teaching assistant in philosophy (My degree is in philosophy of religion). I used to use this in at least one class each term: A man, having been shipwrecked, sees land in the distance. As he nears, he sees a gallows and says, "Thank God, I am landing in a Christian country." ....Finish the story. My students loved it and learned much about what/how they were thinking, how they were taught and where we needed to concentrate our efforts that term.

More of Muslim nations support death penalty.

T
Shark
Shark
T
Muslims support the death penalty for not being muslim.

Gecko
Gecko
Dave
I'm not sure you were right.
According to Islam if anybody kills a Muslim, has to encounter with dead penalty, then Father (if father isn't existed it goes to grandfather, then son, then daughter, and �.) of victim will determine execution happen or not. For other cases, Islam considers other alternatives.

Other situations for dead penalty are:
A Muslim converts to another religion or became a pagan and atheist.
A non-Muslim man marries or has sex with a Muslim woman.
Gay action commitment.
A woman who has a Muslim husband had sex with other man.

Relation between non-Muslims isn't an issue for Islam I think.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.