Next Thread
Print Thread
#299477 03/15/07 01:33 PM
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
It was late last night, almost this morning, and Sean and I were catching up on the phone. We hadn't spoken in a while, and it was so wonderful to be lying on my cozy bed after my rough week, listening to his melodic voice, when ...
"Hello? HELLOOOO?"
I feel asleep on him! � dooming myself to forever be known as "The Not-Quite Girlfriend Who Fell Asleep on Me."

My bad.

I apologized, of course. But I don't know if this will be the end of it. I don't really know if Sean (the single dad I see from time to time) is the kind of guy who is keeping a mental ledger of all my misdeeds only to one day throw them in my face when we have a tiff that has nothing to do with my "sleep issue" or any other past mistake. We've never gone there, and I don't want to go there with him ... or anyone.

But I know a lot of people who do bring up past wrong-doings over and over and over. I don't understand that type of thinking. I guess it has something to do with power and control, or needing to be right, or maybe even contempt � I don't understand any of those, either, in a relationship with someone you say you love � or maybe an issue with forgiveness (or the lack of it), and the ability to move on.

Reminding someone of his mistakes every time you fight just pushes him away. Then perhaps one day he'll be exercising his ability to move on.

Hey, it's called the "past" because it's over. Put it to rest already.

Do you keep track of all the wrong-doings of a lover and dredge them up during a fight?
And if someone fell asleep on you while you were talking � deal-breaker or what?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
"Do you keep track of all the wrong-doings of a lover and dredge them up during a fight?
And if someone fell asleep on you while you were talking � deal-breaker or what?"

Isn't it "forgive and forget"...I have always felt that saying you forgive someone is one thing...forgeting about it is truly another thing altogether. Thank goodness my husband and I have a fight and then it is over with, resolved. I guess that is why our relationship works so well. And I feel I am very qualified to say that as I had been married 3 times before him!

If you fell asleep on me while we were talking I'd have to think that you were really tired! Get some sleep!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Thanks, conniem.

Yeah ... it was a tough week for me!

I'm so happy to hear that you and your hubby don't dredge the past. Regardless of the "three times before," it takes two to make a relationship bad or good. You must have found the magic mix. Yay!!!!!

Koala
Koala
Yes, we have found the magic mix...the only comment my hubby will make about my marriages is "hey, they have been married more times than you", and I always have to laugh and tell him I had to kiss a lot of frogs to get to him!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.