Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#299172 03/14/07 04:00 PM
E
OP Offline
E
It's such an individual thing and "god" is formless until we make a form in our own minds to associate the word "God" with. This way "god" can be whatever we want it to be- God, god, GOD, etc. and then make your own picture of God.
As for me, i cant picture an entity. the force/spirit/energy is too vast to name, picture or anything else with. i'm part of it. The light, the spark inside me is from God. I am a tiny speck in a big, dynamic place made of universes. to me, god is a dynamic word that people can use how they need to.
Was there a special creator of humans or a special creator of our little blue and green planet and our solar system? Do avatars appear among the people - Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, etc? are we a science experiment turned loose? how do we fare in our end of the hypothesis? are we here by benevolence? do we understand our maker? why do we think we understand our maker?

these questions might seem extraordinarily faithless or reckless but i assure you they are neither. its a loving quest to seek the truth. planet earth must have a built in emotional code and there's a love+- temperature gauge in all us emanations - human or otherwise.

it makes me most comfortable thinking that i don't really know and that no one else knows either. does this mean i'm faithless? no. do i pray? yes. do i know exactly whom i'm praying to? no.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: etherealbunny
It's such an individual thing and "god" is formless until we make a form in our own minds to associate the word "God" with. This way "god" can be whatever we want it to be- God, god, GOD, etc. and then make your own picture of God.
As for me, i cant picture an entity. the force/spirit/energy is too vast to name, picture or anything else with. i'm part of it. The light, the spark inside me is from God. I am a tiny speck in a big, dynamic place made of universes. to me, god is a dynamic word that people can use how they need to.
Was there a special creator of humans or a special creator of our little blue and green planet and our solar system? Do avatars appear among the people - Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, etc? are we a science experiment turned loose? how do we fare in our end of the hypothesis? are we here by benevolence? do we understand our maker? why do we think we understand our maker?

these questions might seem extraordinarily faithless or reckless but i assure you they are neither. its a loving quest to seek the truth. planet earth must have a built in emotional code and there's a love+- temperature gauge in all us emanations - human or otherwise.

it makes me most comfortable thinking that i don't really know and that no one else knows either. does this mean i'm faithless? no. do i pray? yes. do i know exactly whom i'm praying to? no.

According to Hindu thoughts, God is both formless and in form. He takes the form of this universe this universe is nothing but God. we can not see our true godhood because of Maya. Once we meditate and achieve thuth/nirvana, we say- I am the God.

E
OP Offline
E
i like that way of thought cdmohatta. i tend to believe along that vein. that kind of sums up how i pray to the big, unfathomable universe(s) that i know is made of spirit, god. i can understand the realization "i am god".

i believe that there are bigger entitites with more abilities than we and there is a string of lesser gods, or entities that can help us, ignore us, do harm to us in our life. like i would call one group "thunderbirds", someone would call them something else.

there's all kinds of lifeform that we ignore, acknowledge, accept or don't accept.

Wolf
Wolf
i like that way of thought cdmohatta. i tend to believe along that vein. that kind of sums up how i pray to the big, unfathomable universe(s) that i know is made of spirit, god. i can understand the realization "i am god".

i believe that there are bigger entitites with more abilities than we and there is a string of lesser gods, or entities that can help us, ignore us, do harm to us in our life. like i would call one group "thunderbirds", someone would call them something else.

there's all kinds of lifeform that we ignore, acknowledge, accept or don't accept.

You are CORRECT.

Zebra
Zebra

As for me, i cant picture an entity. the force/spirit/energy is too vast to name, picture or anything else with.

Why does it matter?
What would it improve or change if you knew?

Tell you what I truly think.

look in a mirror.

That's God.

As a Christian, I was taught that God's Church is not necessarily a building or temple or synagogue.... we "are" God's Church, and in order to reflect his bountiful, endless goodness and compassion, we should take him into our body, Mind and soul completely.
Once you 'Know' God, you ARE god.

The trick is, to behave as 'he' does.

Wolf
Wolf
It matters because most people have a question about this in their mind. Rather than brushing aside the question, let us try to understand what everybody thinks. We cannot say- why does it matter for such questions. A brusque manner here may not help others.

E
OP Offline
E
well, i'm not looking for rhetoric from a church. i'm hoping to get intellectual thought from open-minded folks.

it matters to individuals what "god" looks like. some people close to me see "god" as an angry light colored man with a long white beard and wearing a robe. that seems to really negatively impact their relationship with god and with other people.

i think how an individual view god can really affect the rest of the world. god is present in all earthly emanations and is already reflected whether the person goes to religious ceremonies or not.

Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
It matters because most people have a question about this in their mind. Rather than brushing aside the question, let us try to understand what everybody thinks. We cannot say- why does it matter for such questions. A brusque manner here may not help others.

Forgive me if I sounded brusque, that was not my intention. And rather than brushing aside the question, on the contrary: I gave it my most considered thought.
The problem is, the moment we try to put a face, an image to God, we start to confine him, to bracket him, to give him features to fit him in with our narrow thinking.
But God is too big for that. You cannot ever put a 'face' to God, because that is merely 'cutting him down to size'.
This is why I say it is not important to your worship to know what he looks like. More important is to Be like.

Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: Alexandra
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta

Forgive me if I sounded brusque, that was not my intention. And rather than brushing aside the question, on the contrary: I gave it my most considered thought.
The problem is, the moment we try to put a face, an image to God, we start to confine him, to bracket him, to give him features to fit him in with our narrow thinking.
But God is too big for that. You cannot ever put a 'face' to God, because that is merely 'cutting him down to size'.
This is why I say it is not important to your worship to know what he looks like. More important is to Be like.

At the same time, a large no. of people have ideas about what god looks like. Am I right?

Zebra
Zebra
Oh I am sure you are right.But are they accurate? Does anyone know? And if they are accurate or not, does it hinder them from praying? I hope not.
So you see, that's my point.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.