logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
i was wondering if anyone had the same experience that i had or if they could tell me what happened to me this one night. i was a young teen.

one time it was the middle of the night and i woke up because the fire was going out and i was getting cold. i woke up and turned to face the dying embers of the fire. i looked directly across the smoldering pile into the eyes of a black ink shadow shaped in the form of a person i knew. this thing had red eyes. it was sitting across from me. the burning embers did not make its entire eyes glow red. but it's entire eyes were red.

it rocked back and forth in a menacing way and watched me. the movement was to scare me. i was terrified. it did nothing to me. it seemed to enjoy my terror. i kept turning around to face the wall but when i turned back, it would still be there. it stayed a long time. then in the morning, someone coughed and it was gone.

what was that thing?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
don't know but if you hadn't given it a terrified response, I would have been interested in seeing how it would react. It seems like it was feeding from your terror. I've seen something similar before, but not the red eyes. So i'm at a bit of a loss there.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
I saw something with red eyes kind of wavering back and forth in the air above and in front of me in an abandoned house in the desert in New Mexico many years ago. I have no idea what it was, but I didn't stick around to find out!

Deena Budd
Paranormal
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I too have seen them, but usually during the day and about the size of a cat or rabbit...I usually just associated it with my personal bunny and cat who had both died in recent years.

After doing some research, there is a general consensus that these shadows are from the other side...one person quoted Psalms 23...'though we may walk through the valleys of the shadows of death'.

They usually are just watchers, one person on another forum called them tally keepers, in that they watch us and keep track of our karma (kinda like santa claus). Other colors such as white a grey are common as well.

Numerous times it is suggested to cleanse your house when the visits get to common or creepy. Might I suggest purchasing some dried white sage and burning it like incense to ward off bad energy. Also clean house, literally; clear the cobwebs, dust the top shelves, get some windchimes, open the curtains, ring a bell. (these are all feng shui moves that increase energy movement). A stagnant house is a collector of sickness.

In your case, if this becomes a common occurrence:

keep a bell next to your bed, it, like a cough or windchimes will release bad energy or 'clear the air'.
Also just for fun, get a light within arms reach of your pillow. Mentally or literally tell it to go.
Bank the fire before going to bed.
Smudge yourself before bed. Or keep sage (or cedar, sweet grass, tobacco)under your pillow.

links for other herbs and purification techniques:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Originally Posted By: etherealbunny
then in the morning, someone coughed and it was gone.

Sounds like this spectre was a germaphobe.

"He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts."
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
When I was a teen I remember a red orb type thing visiting me and I didn't know if it was good or bad so I remembered something my mom had taught me about requesting things to leave in the name of Jesus and it would be gone. I did and it left the foot of my bed.

I don't know that it was a ghost because I've had an experience with ghosts and that was different.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.