Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
I've just written an article giving some of the arguments people use about charging for healing.BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Charging for healing
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 02/27/07 11:09 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Boy does this argument ever get old LOL. I agree with you Lauren, when we've got bills to pay, some charging has to take place.

Once upon a time I had someone come in for a session with me. I offered this person free treatments because money was such an issue for them. They never once came back - not even for a free-be. This was back when I first started and I took it very personally. I thought I had to give it away because I wasn't deserving of having paying clients.

I remember the first time I ever had to raise my rates I was just horrified! I was sure all my clients would stop seeing me! Surprise - they didn't! What I found out was that they appreciated me, my time and my talents, and having to raise my rates was just a fact of life.

Though I would say that I think there is a limit to what should be charged. I remember a few years ago a friend of mine getting a reiki master's attunement that cost him $15,000.00. Never mind the $5,000 he put out for his level one and two :::sigh:::

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I'm trained in NLP and hypnosis and I've found that in our society, if people don't pay they often don't believe in the results and they don't usually stick. The only exception is when our relationship is such that it can be a genuine offer of friendship.

Julie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a healer, but my opinion is that it is fair to ask for payment for your time and energy. Doctors get paid, after all.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Pleased you all think the way I do- but willing to hear from those who want to put the other argument here too smile

I think Deanna made a good point- charging can also be saying 'I'm worth it & what I do is worth it.' It's about believing in oneself enough.

Wow that Reiki master must have some interesting money lessons on the way to him!

Julie's right about swaps & friendship- I'm having a crystal healing/ reflexology swap with a friend this afternoon- lovely!

Last edited by Lauren_Ravenstar; 03/05/07 05:47 AM.
Wolf
Wolf
If you do something free, no body values it. Sad but true. i have experienced it.

Nothing is free - either one is willing to pay for the service now or karmically one has to pay it back later - my spiritual point of view.

Usually those who pay - got better service or attention - the money is good to obtain better tools and equipments.

Master atan.

Retired ~ Professional Healer,Psychic,Crystal Master, Feng Shui Master and New Age Priest.

[url=Http://www.dhealing.com][url=Http://www.dhealing.com][url=Http://www.dhealing.com][url=Http://www.dhealing.com]Http://www.dhealing.com[/url][/url][/url][/url]
Wolf
Wolf
In my experiencethose who do not pay immediately do not valuethe treatment.

Something is certainly amiss in a society that seems okay with giving huge amounts of money to women who promote poor body images by starving themselves and getting plastic surgery to look beautiful and yet isn't okay with paying a fair wage to teachers or healers. (Sorry for the long run-on sentence!)

I think the key is offering a reasonable fee or offering a sliding scale.

http://www.awakeningtransformation.com - Healing and Empowering with Hypnosis, Reiki & Reiki Training
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Thanks Tianna and welcome smile

I hadn't thought about it like that- a brilliant viewpoint. Therapies can make people feel so much happier in their skins that they don't feel the need to spend loads of money on 'cosmetic enhancements' or fancy clothes. So...we are cost efficient too!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.