logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
OP Offline
V
I know how important having good quality time for my kids is, but sometimes I get busy with my work and house chores, that�s why I bought them some educational videos and it has really helped me a lot. When I�m finished with house things I can sit down and watch with kids. I�ve found it very entertaining and my kids love it.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
I took a 'Mommy and Me' Parenting Two at a Time class and was so impressed by the idea of individual 'quality' time for my son and daughter, I immediately started planning a few minutes a day with each of them.

I'd put my son in his crib with a toy, and read a book to my daughter, or set up my daughter with a book and play with her little brother.

Within a couple of weeks, my daughter started bringing me a magazine or book when I was sitting on the couch folding laundry, then go in to play with her brother. I guess they figured they deserved 'quality time' together without me!

I found that playing card games or board games with them, making sandwiches or baking, taking short walks or spending time in the yard gardening, were all more interesting to my children than watching videos together.

Of course, my good friend from the Mommy and Me class had decided we would limit our children's time in front of the tv ~ and I still remember sitting with her after dinner talking about how much we appreciated our local PBS station for scheduling Mr. Rogers Neighborhood and Sesame Street right before dinner time.

Whew!

Pam W
SE of Seattle

Teaching Your Child to Plan Meals and Cook
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website

Moderated by  Nicki - BF & EC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.