#297837 03/08/07 03:27 PM
K
K i K i Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
...A houseplant!

It needs to be a plant that will do well in a mostly shaded area. It will only get partial sun, and even then it will be coming in through a patio door with a sheer curtain. I need something that won't get too large and overtake my apartment.

I also have a curious ACD mix dog who will most likely not touch the plant, but you never know, so it must be pet safe.

I don't do very well with plants and I'd love to finally have one! Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should be looking for? (besides someting plastic, lol!) Any help would be greatly appreciated- thanks in advance!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K i K i #297877 03/08/07 07:27 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I would try a begonia, loves shade and is very forgiving.
you might also want to look into a ZZ plant, pothos, Cast Iron Plants (Aspidistra Elatior), ferns, spider plants (very pet hardy), ivys, parlor palms. the list goes on...there are MANY shade loving houseplants available to you. for easy care I would highly recommend ZZ and spider. As for curious pets, your ACD ( I have one too!) would have to eat the entire plant or be very young. and with good behavior training (ie. teaching him/her that the plant is yours and not theirs) your plant should be just fine. if not just put it up on a shelf or counter where they cannot get to it.

Wendy Lee
Houseplants Editor
Click here to read the story of our foster dog, Colbert.
Botanical Bella #299253 03/14/07 11:40 PM
K
K i K i Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Thanks so much, Wendy! I am planning on going out in the next few weeks to look for something and I wanted to be armed with a list of no-no's (Which I have) and a list of good possibilities which I now have with much thanks to you!

Your ACD is adorable! They are such great dogs-- I've never met another breed of dog with nearly as much personality smile

Last edited by K i K i; 03/14/07 11:42 PM.
K i K i #302972 03/27/07 05:41 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Personality is not the word for her, she is 4 months old today and quickly earned herself the nick name of "terrorist" she doesn't lick toes like normal dogs would...Oh now they are chew toys.

Wendy Lee
Houseplants Editor
Click here to read the story of our foster dog, Colbert.

Moderated by  Sue - Houseplants 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.