logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
My friend says she does not want to be in a relationship. What is the difference between a friendship and a relationship. I told her I just want to be friends (that is true) and she wants to know what I mean. I need help clarifying the difference?? Is a friendship not a relationship? Does by saying she does not want a relationship does she really say she does not want to be my friend? Is it possible to be in a friendship without some form of underlying relationship? What or is there a difference?

Advice question and clarification needed........

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
A friendship IS a relationship, but relationship implies exclusivity in the "intimate" department, if you get my drift...... You don't say whether you are male or female, nor how old you (both) are...
But it's my guess you are both relatively young....

A
OP Offline
A
I am a male and I am in my mid twenties, she is also in her mid twenties. We have been intimate, can we go back to just being friends? I liked being intimate but she did not. She is seeing s/o else for that need. I am okay with just being friends and want her to know this but don't know what I should do to convey that. She is trying to just ignore me and put me off. Any further advice??

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
A friendship is more so just someone to hang out with. You would probably share some sort of interests. Generally you spend less time with a friend, than you would with someone in a relationship. "Just friends" usually doesn't involve any sexual activities. And MOST of the time, you don't think of eachother has anything other than a friend. Basically, a friendship would pretty much be like any other friendship you have, male or female.

A relationship on the other hand, is much more intimate. Physically and emotionally. You would probably spend more time with this person, than someone who is just a friend. Your feelings would be different towards eachother, compared to just a friend.

Those are the more obvious differences...

As far as you guys being just friends after having been intimate together... It's possible. If it seems like she's ignoring you and doesn't want to talk to you, maybe your guys' experiences together made her uncomfortable right now. For whatever reason, perhaps she's scared that ruined the friendship, or who knows?! If I were you, I would just back off for a bit. I mean, I don't know how often you try to talk to her, but personally, I would give it a bit before I try being her friend again. Especially if you guys had recently been intimate together. She may still feel uncomfortable about it, and might be worried you want something more. Give it some time and let her contact you.

Good luck
laura

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.