Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#294251 02/22/07 07:32 AM
babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Norouz is Iranian new year in march 21th, that remained us from more tha 2500 years ago. it has some similarity with Xmas but I think Nurooz isn't a religious feast. we use our calendar in Iran.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
babak #294346 02/22/07 06:46 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Earlier this week I was looking at Google's holiday logo from Iranian New Year in 2006 and thinking it looked like a fun holiday. Thanks for sharing that Babak!
Julie

babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Julie, thanks for your attention
Nowadays people here are participating in rites of this feast, nobody care about sanctions from Security Council due to our atomic problem except me! lol

babak #294826 02/25/07 06:13 AM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Babak -

I'm sure that much like here, a lot of people feel like they have no control over the political and potential Iran/US war and just want to try to have the best life they can. As a parent, if war were threatened in my country, I'd want to make sure that my kids got the best possible holiday and memories; because that would likely be the most that I could do.

I personally think we should all get rid of nuclear energy and nuclear weapons; but I'm probably biased because I live down the river from a nuclear waste disposal site....

Julie

babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
You right Julie, we have to enjoy from feast and our life.
My wife just care of what she has to buy and prepare for Norous, beside we will have some guests from Tehran (her family indeed, my family never accepted as guest! lol) and consider about some short travel.
I planed to travel to abroad but my wife couldn't get rest from her work, for that we need at least 10 days whereas she just got 6 days.
When I'm at street see every thing is all right but when watching news become a bit nervous! lol

babak #296605 03/04/07 04:26 PM
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
Hi Babak,
I followed you here from a relationship discussion. I'm so happy to have you here talking about your life. We don't get to hear very much about your part of the world, except what we hear on the news. We get nervous too after watching the news. That's why I like to travel. After meeting people and having dinner with their families, it's difficult to watch on TV what the politicians do from both sides.

chillin #296759 03/05/07 04:40 AM
babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Thanks Chillin
You welcome.
Originally Posted By: /
it's difficult to watch on TV what the politicians do from both sides

Yeah you right. When I see your media even scare to live here! lol
Iran hasn't totally bad condition I think.
I'm glad you choose travel to familiar with other culture and lands, yeah travel will open the eyes I think.
No any obligation, we can discuss about any thing I guess.

babak #297058 03/06/07 12:21 AM
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
babak,
I was in Europe last month and got to see the news there. We don't get the same news here. Not even close. And the news you see about us is not the same either. I'm not sure what happens, but it all gets turned around somehow. I was watching Euronews and got very scared.

I don't have cable here at home, but I don't know if we can get Euronews even on a satellite, I will have to find out. Maybe that's part of the plan, to keep people scared. If we weren't scared, how could they justify spending all that money on the military?

chillin #297061 03/06/07 12:25 AM
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
Also, Europeans who were in Baghdad before all this started, said it was a beautiful place. Peaceful, children walking to school, poor, but very civilized. Have you ever been there?

chillin #297067 03/06/07 12:37 AM
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
babak,
I only see you here and cdmohatta from India. Is it difficult for you to be here on this forum? Would you get in trouble if your neighbors knew you were here?

I also saw your post from the Koran (Quaran?) where it talks about not being friends with Christians and Jews because they are the enemy. Is that something people follow closely?

I know in our books, we have the word of God (like the 10 commandments)and then you have things that people said, like Psalms. Not many people pay attention to what other people said, only what God said.

What about the Koran, is that something God said or is that something other people interpreted? Or do you make a difference? Maybe it's all important. Please forgive my ignorance, I hope it's ok to ask.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rachel - Middle East 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.