logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#295428 02/27/07 08:16 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
How did your breast feeding experience go? Mine failed...AGAIN! But I didn't let that stop me from providing Bella with breast milk. If you want to know more, you can read our story at: Early Childhood, Exclusively Pumping Article .

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
I had a pretty easy time once I figured out what I was doing. When I went back to work after 3 months I had to take my trusty pump along for the milk of gold! I pumped during my lunch break. As the milk supply lessened, I supplemented with formula. As our daughter got older the nursing was at night only and the pump was put away. I was only "attached" to the pump for 5 months but in the long run...it was worth it. We are expecting baby #2 and I want to nurse again. Hopefully, I can hold out and do it for 1 year again!

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Carm~
How old was Julia when you started supplementing with formula? Bella was about 6 months old when I began supplementing because my supply began to diminish.
Cyn

C
C
I think it was around the 6 month mark...I don't quite remember. It was also easier to give the In-laws formula only and keep the breast milk/formula mix at mom's

B
B
I just recently found out I'm pregnant with my first smile I was thinking about not breast feeding...Has anyone done both? Formula and Breast fed? If so...what are the pros and cons?

Only in dreams can men truly be free. Twas always thus, and always thus shall be... *Dead poets Society*
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Congrats Brokendolly24!
Yes, I have done both. The benefits of breastfeeding far outweigh any alternative. Not only in the area of nutrition. Breast milk also provides baby with immunities and breastfeeding helps regulate body temperature and heart rate. But the BEST part about breast feeding is the awesome bonding experience that cannot be reproduced by any other means. If I could go back in time and breastfeed the boys (including our adopted sons) I would do it in a heartbeat. It is my one big regret, that I didn't try harder to make it work with Case and Ry (16 and 13) and that I didn't attempt to lactate for Steve and Sean (33 months and 31 months)

Read everything you can get your hands on, visit a Le Leche League meeting near you and take some breastfeeding classes and then decide what is best for you and your baby!

Good Luck!
Cyn

B
B
thank you so much for the advice!! i'll definitely look into it! smile

Only in dreams can men truly be free. Twas always thus, and always thus shall be... *Dead poets Society*
C
C
Brokendolly24,
It's worth a try. It does take commitment on your part to breastfeed. I did both (at the same time). The formula was easier but knowing I was also giving our daughter breast milk made me feel better.

Moderated by  Nicki - BF & EC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.