logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Aime Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Is anyone a parent of a young internet user? I don't envy you- its tough to keep up with what their doing online and monitoring all the sites their visiting. Do any of you do anything to keep them safer? A friend of mine recently showed me this site, http://www.netsmartz411.org/, which has some great resources and information about keeping kids safer online from internet predators. I bring it up because I got scared when my little sister (whos in high school) asked to be my friend on facebook. Can you believe facebook is in high schools now?!?!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Shark
Shark
M
I think I�m in the small minority that doesn�t believe kids belong on the internet. My kids are allowed to learn to type, go to math help sites, or research projects. That�s it. When they are young adults and can afford computers, hopefully they will have matured enough to use them. Oh well! And I've never heard of facebook. My bad?

F
F
Thank you very much for that link! I will check it out ASAP! Myspace scares me

M
Shark
Shark
M
When I was researching the article for the moms site, "Chatroom Dangers," I came across a new product called a Virtual ID, which can show teens who they are talking to. The down side is they have to patiently follow the verification process which can take a few minutes, and there is a yearly membership of around 20 dollars.

Aime Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Show teens who their talking to? How so? That sounds pretty interesting! What parents should know as well is that its not only these online social sites that kids can be contacted through. Video games like xbox 360 and other systems that can go online can be used to contact kids, and a lot of parents dont know this. What I like about the site I posted before is that if parents have any questions, they can cantact a real person and get answers to specific problems. The more parents know the safer they can keep their kids these days...

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.