logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
cramy Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I have been testing out an idea that drinking more water, improves your health.
I intended to experiment on myself and partner by drinking two litres of still bottled drinking water per day for a week, on top of what we normally drink and adding a little lemon juice to each drink.
I knew my partner did not drink enough water, she starts work at 8am, and returns home by 4pm, and during that time only has one cup of tea. Often she feels very tired and will also complain of a headache.
I started the experiment and by 10am I had drunk two glasses of water. The first thing I noticed apart from having to visit the toilet was that my energy levels had increased.
By early afternoon I noticed my moral was better, I had an urge to do more, my conversation had got better, and I felt quite witty and humorous, and even quite happy. In fact I felt quite "hipped up", as if I had taken a drug.
I thought that perhaps it was just what I had eaten on this day, however the next day I felt the same way, much better.
My partner also agreed that she had felt much better, and did not feel tired.

There is no doubt in my mind that drinking two litres of water extra on what I normally drink per day has health benefits. I know that it enhances mood, and increases energy levels. What I would like to know is what effect it has on my body organs, blood ect.

why pay more ?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
hey cramy! That's great to hear that you and your partner have been feeling the effects of drinking more water. I myself have made a commitment to the same thing though it's been a little difficult so far to keep it up. I just bought a new water bottle however and so I think my biggest hurdle (having the water in front of me) is overcome:P.

On top of the effects you've mentioned, water is amazingly necessary for our body to function properly. Our bodies are mostly water: our blood consists of mostly water and our cells exist in a fluid that is mostly water. I used to know the exact percentages but it's definitely more than 50% in both cases.

Maybe someone else out here in cyberworld can gives us those stats?

In any case, yes, water is extremely vital. I'm going to browse the web for some good pages on water and the body and when I findd some, I'll post them for you and everyone, k:).

All the best!

Leah

Live Abundantly!
Leah R. Patterson
The Wellness Site MOVE Makeup
Visit my Personal Blog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Water is very essential to us smile

PlusDrugStore-With us buying drugs online is 100% safe and secure|Women's Health Drugs

Drinking...
More than 6 standard drinks per day, for men
More than 4 standard drinks per day, for women
The benefits of reducing your drinking,It you are drinking above the low risk level the benefits of reducing your drinking are:

* Save Money
* Sleep better
* Improved family life and personal relationships
* Have more energy
* Improved memory, concentration
* No hangovers
* Lose weight
* Better physical condition
* Improved mood
* Improved work performance
* Reduce risk of:
o Cancer
o Brain damage
o Liver damage
o High blood pressure
o Driving accidents
o Injury to self and others
o Legal problems

Hope this help smile

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Hello cramy,

Well said! I agree with you drinking lots of water is really beneficial for our health.

Dubois, thanks for the information! Yup, that's good to know! Wow! So many benefits from something so handy for anyone! Thanks God water is my favorite drink! :) Water is a free priceless resource. We should value it more!

Last edited by Holiday; 03/26/09 01:24 PM.
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I try to drink more water. I actually start off the day telling myself I'm going to drink more water, but at the end of the day - the same water bottle is still sitting in front of me with the same water in it.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
Hahaha, I totally understand Dianne! What's been helping me is putting a few slices of lemon in my water. For some reason, it really helps me drink it all - probably just the fact of it having a bit of flavor. I'm going to try oranges next!

Live Abundantly!
Leah R. Patterson
The Wellness Site MOVE Makeup
Visit my Personal Blog
N
Shark
Shark
N
I cetainly DO feel a difference when I drink my water EVERYDAY. Some days though, I just can't choke it down.

When I first get up I fill a Quart Mason jar with COLD and set it on the counter. THEN I take a much smaller glass, fill it with hot halfway and cold the rest. This temperature makes it a lot easier to drink when you first wake up. It's sort of luke cold. Hahahaha. Try it. See if drinking ice cold is harder than luke cold. I TRY to drink up that smaller glass, probably 10 ounces BEFORE I start in on my coffee ritual. Then each time I go to the kitchen thoughout the day I refill the smaller glass a drink as much of that as I can at once.

This way you can see how much you've had and how much is left for the day. For me to get down that extra quart a day makes me feel so much better and I have fewer aches and pains and muscle cramps. This water issue is a REAL issue for me.

Last edited by Navigaar; 05/29/09 09:53 PM.

Moderated by  Leah - BellaWellness Host 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.