Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#294257 02/22/07 09:21 AM
trishh Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Hi everybody... I talk about this forum often with my longtime friend Rose and she sent me this note to see if we all can help her interpret her recent dream:

I had a vivid dream last night. Perhaps your forum could have a kick at this.

I was out in the Albion Hills where my family used to live. I went for a drive to see if would run into anyone I knew and as I was driving along a country road, in the distance on top of a hill/cliff there was an elephant. Not a zoo elephant, it was huge and shaped more like a styized carved ivory elephant but it had no tusks. And it was the colour of ivory. As I drove down the road, people were lined up waiting for them. A young man said he recognized me and insisted I go to his home with him. I didn't recall him. He was, well... very odd looking, mis-shapened face and teeth all over his mouth, crooked and decayed. Then suddenly I was in his house. There was an unmaintained chain link fence separting it from the road with lots of people waiting for the elephants to go by. There were lots of people inside the house as well. I was very uncomfortable with the elephant. It didn't look 'right' and didn't feel 'right'. I looked in the basement for a safe place in case they were going to push the house over. I looked outside from the kitchen and there were two of these odd elephant babies there. I recall thinking how cute they looked then wondered why the mother elephant wasn't there. The thought crossed my mind that I wasn't going to go out because I didn't want to stand between them and the mother. Then suddenly I was outside, in front of the house with the fence in front of me. There was a long trail of these elephants down the road. Not neatly lined up, but spread down the road ambling along. All of them ivory coloured and no tusks. They were so huge. I continued to have an uneasy feeling, it felt dangerous. I approached a man who looked official and he told me the circus was in town, I could come and get a ride on an elephant. I remember thinking to myself, I've always wanted to ride an elephant, but not these.
I hurried back into the house, to the basement to hide. This is when I woke up to someone knocking on my front door. I went downstairs, and there was nobody there.

Well friends, what do you think? Trishh

Be kinder than you need to be. Everyone is dealing with something.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
trishh #294267 02/22/07 11:28 AM
Tiger
Tiger
In some cultures an elephant represents good or bad fortune depending on which direction his trunk is turned.

M o e #294846 02/25/07 09:41 AM
trishh Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Thanks Moe, I had forgotten that. My grandmother collected elephant figurines and it was better if the trunks were raised I think. I got stuck on the "white elephant" image in the dream...something you can't get rid of? I wonder exactly why people use that term. I'll have to do some research and report back. Trishh

trishh #294882 02/25/07 03:01 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
What strikes me is the emphasis on teeth, of both the man and the elephants...tho tusks are made of the same substance as hair and nails...they are considered a kind of tooth. She may want to look into missing/crooked teeth symbolism.
Also, a white elephant sale is usually a hodge podge of one mans junk and anothers treasure. Maybe she has a bunch of mental white elephants or a bunch of things (papers, ideas, just things) that need to be sorted out into a row (hence the elephants not lined up as they should be). I will also admit as soon as I saw the title I immediately thought of Dumbo's 'pink elephants' which in a way were a bunch of Dumbo's "demons" that needed sorting out.
ALso this dream is forcing her into places she doesn't want to be in - such as in the house or outside. I personally thought it was odd that the place she felt safest was the basement, which is most often a place people don't really want to go as they are dark and dingy as well as the killing scene of many a horror movie. Tho, the basement has a strong terrestrial tie, as does an elephant. Maybe your friend needs to ground herself more or there is something at the root of something going on around her that isn't stable. Such as business ties, family or even her actual house.
Let us know if anything chimes in with her.

Last edited by Botanical Bella; 02/25/07 03:12 PM.

Wendy Lee
Houseplants Editor
Click here to read the story of our foster dog, Colbert.
trishh Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
BB thanks so much! I especially liked your idea about the tusks, teeth image. Very perceptive take. Thanks, I'll pass it on.
Oh BTW... I also looked up white elephant lore, and legend has it that a sacred white elephant was given as a gift to one by an enemy who knew caring for it appropriately would cause financial ruin. Ah ha... just had a thought to add... going home for my friend would not be a happy thing. She had a very turbulent childhood that leaves her incredibly anxious about financial security. She has heard recently that the company she is working for will be doing a massive restructuring requiring many layoffs. Now my friend is better off financially than most of us, but she would really fear this turn of events. She recently purchased and renovated a wonderful house... she is mortgage free but does have a relatively small line of credit debt from the renos. I wonder if the house itself might feel like her white elephant that will cause her financial ruin to keep? Going home again in the dream would indicate that bad times are on her mind somewhere. I'll ask her when I see her next and will report back. Any other thoughts anyone else before I do that? Thanks all!

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.