Print Thread
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Hi Wendy. This kind of crosses over both our topic areas...I'm putting it in my forum too for the esoteric angle wink

I've had a money plant (crassula) for years as they stand for wealth luck in Feng Shui. It has been healthy & happy and for the last few years has flowered. At the start of this year leaves started to drop off. It got so bad that some stems snapped away too- they got so fragile they would drop if I so much as looked at it. It looked a bit leggy in places so I moved it to a light windowsill where one of its offspring is flourishing.

Then I got flu, and my kids did, so for the last month I've barely earned a penny. Spooky co-incidence? My friend had a large money plant that dropped all its leaves suddenly about a week before his house caught fire shocked

Anyone else had this happen? Why might it have started to drop so suddenly & how should I treat it in recovery? Little leaves are now starting to sprout giving me some hope.

Lauren (Short One)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
I did a search and found this information for you:
money tree loosing leaves

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Good job Connie, but your link is for Pachira, Lauren has a Crassula or Jade plant.

Typically a jade loses leaves in your particular manner due to lack of water. However, when you mentioned the stems snapping and it 'looking leggy' it brought to mind the typical plant response to too little light. You cured it yourself but putting it nearer to a bright window.

Another question...which may bridge the gap 'tween our areas of expertise...was your jade in a cold room? Being a succulent they like warmer areas of the house...and if your money tree got cold maybe thats why you did also wink

Last edited by Botanical Bella; 02/17/07 11:52 AM.

Wendy Lee
Houseplants Editor
Click here to read the story of our foster dog, Colbert.
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Yes I think light was the key- the room was quite warm. It looks much happier now. Two of my students had money plants doing the same. One has thrown hers out, the other sounds like she's over watered it & it is wobbling in the pot. Hope their finances don't take the same nosedive!

I'm glad to say I'm back on my feet & earning as all the new leaves emerge (and there are many more new ones than old ones...so maybe business will really take off this year!)

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Jade actually likes heat, being that it is a succulent and originating in South Africa. I wrote an article about Jades just for you Lauren. =]

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Wendy Lee
Houseplants Editor
Click here to read the story of our foster dog, Colbert.

Moderated by  Sue - Houseplants 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.