Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#292950 02/16/07 05:54 AM
S
SBH Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am 18 years old and was experiencing severe pelvic pain and was rushed to the hospital. After getting admitted and taking a urine test the doctor told me I was pregnant(my first pregnancy). I should have been around 7 weeks but by my hormone level was showing I should have been only around 2 weeks.

I was supposed to go back in to check my hormone level within the next two days. By the next day I was bleeding and was told I had a miscarriage.

It has only been a couple days since my miscarriage occurred and my body is still in the process of expelling everything. It seems though all I do is cry. I have no appetite and have been forced to eat. I only sit around and cry and I cannot sleep and have been put on vicodin for the pain and to help with my sleep loss.

I'm just so lost on what to do or feel. My parents are having me keep the pregnancy/ miscarriage from my siblings, the rest of the relatives, and friends, so it is really hard to find someone to confide in. My parents don't know how to react to this, especially since I'm barely 18, unwed and am the first in my family to have a miscarriage. All they tell me, including the doctors, is in time I'll get over this. Is it really true? Because I feel like I'm never really truely going to be over this.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
SBH #292958 02/16/07 08:08 AM
Zebra
Zebra
You need do nothing, because everything takes time.
Time, by the way, is not the great healer everyone says it is....all time does, is pass. It puts 'space' between you and the event.
There is no guarantee that you will ever completely get over this, although I do trust that the pain will numb, and you can mourn constructively, because of course, this is exactly what you are doing.
And (although this is not implied criticism) I do feel your parents are being a little hard or unfair on you in insisting that you do not confide in anyone around you, especially as they themselves don't know how to react to this....

One possible avenue is for you to get back in touch with your doctor, and speak to him about bereavement counselling, or giving you details of a body/association/group that deals with miscarriage.
As you are 18, and technically an adult, you can insist he keep this totally confidential. In actual fact, I'm sure by Law, he is obliged to....

But I do agree you need to speak to someone sympathetic and understanding...someone who knows 'where you are coming from', because trying to cope with this on your own, at your young age, must be a nightmare.

Try to keep well and to look after yourself.
your body has had a shock, so it too, needs time to heal.

Last edited by Alexandra; 02/16/07 08:10 AM.

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.