Wolf
Wolf
OK.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
Going back to the thread-

According to Hinduism, both heaven and hell exist. There is graphic description of both including areas etc. in Srimad Bhagwad Purana.

'Heaven' and 'Hell' Realms exist in Buddhism also....But they are transitory places, exactly as life as a human is, or as an animal is, or as a Hungry Ghost is....merit must be accrued in each realm in order to move closer to illumination, enlightenment and Nirvana...Heaven seems the best place to be in, but even there, beings can become drunk on the sheer bliss of the place, and be distracted from their goal...so even Heaven has its drawbacks....
Just by way of an explanation, these realms are often viewed by some schools of Buddhism to be different manifestations of our varying emotional states...greed, avarice, anger, gluttony.....

Wolf
Wolf
Hindus recite Garuda Purana after any death. This Garuda Purana graphically describes the last journey of every soul leaving the body. Those who are interested in knowing that and what Hinduism says about the soul, heaven, hell, karma, rebirth etc. may read Garuda Purana. Originally written in Sanscrit more than 5000 years back, a translation in english may be available.

S
S
Originally Posted By: suiteruth
i died on jan. 27,1983. i was brought back to this world by doctors who i watched working on me. the place i went TO was PEACE, TOTAL AND COMPLETE, nothing on this earth comes close to that kind of peace, the only word close to the feeling. if that is heaven then i will welcome death when it comes knocking on my door,i am not afraid of death.god ,or whatever you call your spiritual being,gave me a glimpse of the other side. there is something else after life. whatever you call it, that peace is waiting to envelope you. i for one will be smiling when i die.

Wolf
Wolf
Had doctors declared you as dead? Or were they trying to save you from death?

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I totally understand suiteruth.. I had the same experience. I was clinically dead for a few minutes when I was in my twenties. I will never forget that experience. And, yes, if that is heaven I don't mind going there either.. smile. I work for Hospice and I see death everyday. In most instances it is a peaceful experience for those who are dying, although not necessarily for their loved ones.

Love and Light..

Linda Paul
Tarot
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.