Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#292182 02/13/07 01:09 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
There are so many religions and beliefs out there, some include deity worship and others do not. Do you believe in the existance of a higher power, whether that higher power is a deity or something else?

Linda Paul
Tarot
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wolf
Wolf
We are all part of that power. For me everything in the world is God.

T
Shark
Shark
T
God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. That is not my opinion. That is the truth.

Zebra
Zebra
No, Lovelove, *deep and heavy sigh*, once again, that's YOUR Truth.

I do not believe in a God or a Higher Power, because in short, ultimately I believe that every individual - quite rightly - is, and should be, entirely responsible for themselves.
How easy it is to continuously Pass the Buck, both for blessings and curses, onto so-called outside influences.
'God spoke to me through his scriptures', or 'The devil made me do it' are to my mind and personal opinion, cop-outs.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Spirituality
There are so many religions and beliefs out there, some include deity worship and others do not. Do you believe in the existance of a higher power, whether that higher power is a deity or something else?

I do believe in the existance of God... my belief is that God is all around us and through us and in everything. God is the energy and light that made and surrounds the world. To me God is creative energy that always has been and always will be. Where I don't necessarily believe God to be a diety sitting on a throne somewhere, I do like to talk to him like he is my Father (or Mother wink )

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I believe that God is the energy which created the Universe and continues to create through all of us. This energy is within us and provides the wisdom to give us any and all answers we need if we only listen to it. Since we are part of this Source energy, we are, indeed, responsible for ourselves and what we do with our lives.

I think we can live our lives connected to this Source energy or try and live separate from it but our lives go more smoothly if we search within ourselves for the guidance that is there.

I used to believe in the Christian God but I disliked the idea that God sat on a throne and decided what would happen to me in my life. Like the concept of giving yourself to God as a little child would do and turning your life over to Him. I used to wonder why God was causing the things that happened to me in my life and this leads to blame-Why doesn't God just fix everything?

When I realized that it was me causing my problems and tried to listen to the guidance within to go the right way in my life, things seemed easier. I think troubles come to you for a reason and the reason is usually that there are things in your life you need to pay attention to. Having trouble in your life, or crisis, forces you to look inward for answers.

I guess it helped me not to personify God but to see God as a Source of energy that anyone can connect to and be part of. Maybe it's all the same thing but the mental pictures I associate with Christianity, like being born in sin and having Jesus act as intermediary to save me from that sin, just didn't do me much good in my life. I would rather know that if I think and act a certain way, responsible for myself, then I can expect certain outcomes.

I thnk that each and every person has to find the way that their heart leads them. The most important thing, to me, is to try and be a spiritual person who tries to do good to others and help where you can. It takes thought and consciousness to stay connected to spirit and I feel that is what is important-not the label you put on it.

Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: joanj
I thnk that each and every person has to find the way that their heart leads them. The most important thing, to me, is to try and be a spiritual person who tries to do good to others and help where you can. It takes thought and consciousness to stay connected to spirit and I feel that is what is important-not the label you put on it.

Excellent point, and very well put, thank you. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Beautiful Post JoanJ!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
When I read these posts, even those that contradict one another, I see love... and in that love.. I see divinity. A good friend of mine wrote this song:

When I look into you I see..
A mirror that shows me to me,
You are the Light, shining so bright
Bringing true into me see.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts....

Linda Paul
Tarot
Zebra
Zebra
Linda, that's very sweet of you....it inspires me to be determined to 'Engage brain before opening mouth'. I know I have been guilty of tactlessness at times, so this is a timely reminder. Bless you.

Last edited by Alexandra; 02/13/07 02:51 PM.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.