logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
iahayah Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I am a high school sophomore and I have recently began to wonder if I have a learning disability. You see, I think the connections in my brain are slower than most. It takes me longer to answer math problems on tests, regardless of whetheer I completley understand the problem or not. I can do the work, but the individual problem always seems to take longer than those around me.

Similarily, I am slower at other connection related processes, such as entering numbers into calculators, remembering items I have down cold in my memory, etc. I can do all these things, but it seems to take longer than everyone else. It's as though my brain is in slow motion, or everyone else's is fast.

I never really realized anything was wrong until I noticed how different people around me were. They seemed much more efficient, and generally faster at what they did. This generally bothers me in math and science. Could this be a learning disability?

email me back at aranyria@cedarinteractive.com soon please.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Maybe you're a visual spatial learner?? If so, school would be harder for you...

Also, some kids who are gifted struggle in school.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Here's an article that may be of interest:

Coping with Dyscalculia
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art40302.asp

It is a math related learning disability.

Susan

B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
I can really relate to you a lot because I have the same stituation. I am a Junior this year in high school and I pass all of my classes but I need more time than everyone else to complete my homework and tests. I need a special class which is called Resource or RSP at my school. It's a class where I can do my homework and get help wih problems I might have. It also gives me more time for me to finish up my tests.

I didn't start really talking until I was 3 years old, and had to go to a speach class untill I was in fifth or even sixth grade. Plus just like you, I have a bad memory when it comes to remebering things. For example, I forget my purse everywhere, and I sometimes can't even remember what I did the previous day, and I am only 17 years old. I am not supposed to be doing those things yet. I got tested and found out that I had ADD which stands for Attention Defiecet Disorder.

My advise to you is to get tested by a doctor to really find out if you have a learning disability, because there are things that a doctor can do to help a learning diability. For instance, I used to take a med called Ridalin ( I hope I spelled that right) That I take before school to help me to not get distracted and stay focused in class. It also helps me to concentrate better and help me not to forget things. Its a good idea to see your doctor to find out.

Good Luck to Ya.
-Laura-

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Laura, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your experiences!

Moderated by  Celestine - Learning Dis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.