logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
The real victim in all this, the one who stands to lose the most is the precious baby. No mother, three ? possible fathers, being cared for by a virtual stranger in the Bahamas.......what will become of Danielynn?

Cyn

Last edited by Cyn_EarlyChildhood; 02/12/07 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
This makes me so sad. At first, I didn't even understand why she was separated from her mom in the first place. I know people have different parenting styles, but I still find it unusual for any mom to take a trip without her five month old.

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I agree Jan. Some people may think I'm too far on the other extreme, but I won't even leave Bella (9 months) with anyone other than my husband, mother or oldest son (15 years) and that's only long enough for me to take a shower! I turned down an invitation to my niece's baby shower because the invitation didn't include Bella. I can't conceive of leaving her in another country. She's MY baby, I feel like unless it is absolutely necessary (and so far it hasn't been) I should be the one caring for her.

I just hope that precious baby girl is in the care of someone who truly loves her.I pray Danielynn finds her true forever family soon.
Cyn

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I think it's sad that this baby is all alone. I saw a news clip the other day with Anna Nicole's mother and she talked about Anna so cruely and said some pretty awful things to be a mother who just found out about her daughters death. She(Anna's mother) was upset that Anna never gave them any money, etc...... But she was on her way to the Bahamas to try to locate her granddaughter so she could be with her family is what she said. I didn't by it I think she's wanting the child in hopes to have axcess to all that money. I just hate this for poor little Danielynn who is not old enough to have any control over her future. I wish that instead of allowing her to go with all these greedy people that they find a family who will love her for her and not for the bank roll she has attached to her.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I'm often surprised by how early some people leave their infants OVERNIGHT.

I left my son for the first time overnight when he was 3 and still haven't been away from my almost 2 year old daughter overnight. I think that we are meant to be with our infants. If a mom is breastfeeding, she is naturally connected to her baby. Baby needs HER--not just a bottle.

A related topic is that recent partying of Britney Spears, a mom with TWO young babies. I'm sure she has a nanny, but even if I had all the money in the world I would be home with my newborn baby (at least at night!)

I would like to say the pendulum is swinging back in the other direction as I continue to meet more and more moms who practice attachment parenting, but when I hear stories like these I'm discouraged a bit. frown

I know of a mom through an online group who took a vacation for more than a week in another country when her baby was only 9 months old. Makes no sense to me...During that first year, they need mama most!

Originally Posted By: Cyn_EarlyChildhood
I agree Jan. Some people may think I'm too far on the other extreme, but I won't even leave Bella (9 months) with anyone other than my husband, mother or oldest son (15 years) and that's only long enough for me to take a shower! I turned down an invitation to my niece's baby shower because the invitation didn't include Bella. I can't conceive of leaving her in another country. She's MY baby, I feel like unless it is absolutely necessary (and so far it hasn't been) I should be the one caring for her.

I just hope that precious baby girl is in the care of someone who truly loves her.I pray Danielynn finds her true forever family soon.
Cyn

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A week? Maybe I'm weird. It's not that I CAN'T leave her. My husband or Mom would gladly care for her if I asked them to. I don't WANT to leave her. There will be plenty of time for "me" when my five children are grown and gone. I'll tell you what, that's happening waaayyyy to fast for me with my oldest turning 16 in May.

Cyn

Moderated by  Nicki - BF & EC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.