Jellyfish
Revisiting the end times.

Eschatology

Jenna Sawyer
Atheist/Agnostic
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
I'm a bit behind in my reading, but wanted to tell you I really enjoyed this article. You posed some questions I have asked myself wink

Denise Lacazette
Exotic Pets Editor
T
Shark
Shark
T
We are living in the end times. I do not make attempts at date setting or other such things but I am certain that the return of Jesus Christ is near. I give you the following evidence:
1. In the book of Isaiah it says that Israel would become a nation in one day. That happened exactly as prophesized on May 15, 1948.
2. Jesus said there would be " wars and rumors of wars" The 20th century was known as the "century of warfare" by historians. More people were killed in warfare during the 20th century than all other centuries combined.
3.Jesus said that there would " be earthquakes in diver's places" I have researched the number of 6.0 magnitude and up, eathquakes starting from the 19th century until now. The numbers are increasing dramatically and the " big ones" are getting bigger. 2004 saw the deadliest tsunami in world history.
4. The Bible says that in the last days that Israel would be the focus of the world and Jerusalem would be a " heavy stone" That is exactly what is going on. The nation of Israel is one of the smallest in the world yet it is in the world news EVERY day.
5. The Bible says that in the last days a global economy would emerge. It has.
Books have been written on this and my list is far from complete. It is well documented. We ARE in the end times. When things will come to a head is up to God but many of us are watching and stepping up our evangelizing. It is not any one thing that indicates this. It is a combination of them all. Like Jesus said, " the birth pangs of a woman" It is increasing in both frequency and intensity. Any questions? feel free to ask.

texasdave #291839 02/11/07 10:53 AM
Shark
Shark
It's been interpreted to mean many other dates and times as well. I will never understand why people get so caught up in it. If you want to go to this spectacular place so desperately (and suicide is not an option) then go do good works in war torn or disease ridden areas. You hit a double-header that way by good works and hastening your demise.

One book I found fascinating that you might want to give a read is The Mayan Calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness by Carl Johan Calleman & Jose Arguelles. If you are going to believe in prophesy, why not check out a few others - especially those with a more positive bent? As my mother always said, "Words have power. Say anything enough and you will believe it." If I'm going to indulge in fantasy I'd much prefer a different one than the End of the World scenario.

Denise Lacazette
Exotic Pets Editor
T
Shark
Shark
T
There is no other time in which all these things have converged as now. It is coming. Don't be worried. Give your life to Christ and you'll be ready. That's all.

texasdave #292153 02/12/07 10:48 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
No other time? Have you looked into what was going on when those words were likely written?

Jenna Sawyer
Atheist/Agnostic
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
And thank you, Denise.

Jenna Sawyer
Atheist/Agnostic
T
Shark
Shark
T
Yes, I have. There has been no other time. YOU research it, rather than dismiss it.

texasdave #292257 02/13/07 08:22 AM
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Originally Posted By: lovelove
Yes, I have. There has been no other time. YOU research it, rather than dismiss it.

So what lovelove is saying here is: I don't have time to debate you or present you with the findings of my research or the evidence I have. You look into it Jenna, then you will see the point i am making.

Excellent argument.

Skeptic #292402 02/13/07 08:49 PM
T
Shark
Shark
T
What I am saying is look it up and then comment on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.