Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
A 29 years old Malaysian Muslim guy found out that he is belong to a Buddhist family and grown up in Muslim family because hospital failure when he born and now try to change his religion to Buddhism.

What will be your reaction if have same situation?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wolf
Wolf
Most of us will try the same.

babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
oh yeah you right or at least think about it hardly and will see some changes in our mentality.
it's not just about religion. it include ethnic groups too.
What happened to Jewish prophet Moses when found out that belong to another ethnic group?

T
Shark
Shark
T
As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
That is a strange question for me to answer. My mother was a Quaker and my Grandmother on my father's side was a Romanian Gypsy. I grew up amid Tarot cards and the Bible. I had close family members who were Christian Scientists, Baptists, and Mormons. My first boyfriend was an orthodox Jew, and my best friends are Wiccan and Buddhist. From the time I was a toddler I have been exposed to a good many different religions and beliefs. I find them all fascinating.

No one in my family was a Unitarian Universalist, but when I visited a U.U. Church it felt right to me and fit my already existing spiritual plethora of belief. I know that I could not commit myself to any one belief system... because there are too many others out there to explore and research. And, every one of them is interesting and enlightening in it's own right.

I have a wonderful Christian friend who is going through a horrible time at the moment. Her 21 year old son came home and told her that he was a Pagan. She prayed and conjoled and begged and pleaded with him to renew his faith. He told her that he had no faith in what she believed and that he never had. She came to me for advice, and I told her that he was still her son no matter what he believed. And, that if a loving parent could love and cherish her son in spite of his different beliefs; than wouldn't that mean that a loving parent such as God could love and cherish his children also in spite of what they believed?

I know she feels better about it now. And, she and her son are working to find the things that their beliefs have in common, and not so much on the things that they do not. It has been a surprising journey for both of them. She has found out that Pagans are not devil worshippers, and he has found out that Jesus was a pretty interesting man, and that his teachings were not just pertinent to some humans,but to all humans.

In short, I don't think it really matters what you call yourself. It is what is in your heart and soul that matters. Religion is just a word.. it is not WHAT you are. WHAT you are is a beautiful and cherished being worthy of love and compassion.

Love and Light.. Linda

Linda Paul
Tarot
T
Shark
Shark
T
Your friend is distressed because she realizes her son has strayed from the truth and is in danger of going to hell. God does love us all regardless of our beliefs but He only gives eternal life to those who repent, accept Christ, and follow His commandments.

Zebra
Zebra
To answer our question, Babak, and trying to keep this on-topic for you (!) Religion IS a heritage from parents.

Most children are baptised into the faith of their parents at a very early age. This is frankly ludicrous. You wouldn't register your baby as a Republican or Democrat, Conservative, Labour or Liberal, at birth, thus enforcing a specific set of Governmental or political views upon them! Everyone chooses their politics when they can actively discuss, comprehend and decide for themselves. And even then, you have to be of a mature age to cast your vote and to make a difference! Some people don't ascribe to politics, parties or voting....

Why then, is it deemed accepable to impose a Religion upon a person, and expect them to adhere throughout their lives, simply on the say-so of elders? It's not logical. And the amount of atheists, agnostics, and people converting to other faiths, philosophies or disciplines, bears this out. I am a case in point. So are the majority of Western Buddhists. I do not, nor ever would claim to speak for them, but I use Buddhism as an ilustrative point, because that's what I practise.

Does this young man also find himself with different parents to the ones he was born to?
Would changing his religion cause 'political' upheaval? That is to say, would it be frowned upon by the leaders of the county? Could he 'convert' easily, or is it fraught with difficulties?

Wow, what a difficult place to find yourself in - !

T
Shark
Shark
T
Parents have the absolute right to teach their own children the faith they follow. If you forfeit that right then you open your children to making the choice themselves and you give others the right to try and influence that choice. You give fundamentalist Christians the right to evangelize your kids. Do you want that?

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Thank you Babek for inspiring an article on the subject. You can read it here:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Linda Paul
Tarot
T
Shark
Shark
T
Spirituality,
What made you leave Christianity?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.