Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
ceejay Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Each of us wants something in life that stands out and to make a difference, and that is the biggest benefit of being a nurse. We might not save lives every day but I'm sure just holding someone's hands could make a huge impact.

The happy faces and other expressions of satisfaction after giving attention to the patient and their family is priceless. Nursing is bringing out the gentleness,the kindness,and unselfishness within us and to others.

How about you, what do you love most about nursing? Would you like to share your views?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi Ceejay!
Your right we don't always save lives everyday but its the little things that make a difference, like holding a patients hand when their scared or worried, or giving support to a family member. I think what I love about nursing is making a patient smile when they really have nothing to smile about.

I loved what you said that nursing is bringing out the gentleness, kindness and the unselfishness within us to others....... I do wish that more nurses were that way. I see so many "angry" nurses that come accross as though they hate what they are doing and it not only shows to me but to their patients.

T
Tef Offline
T
I went into nursing because I wanted to make a difference. I have been a nurse for over 30 years, and I know that I can do something everyday to make the path a little easier for someone.

I am presently a nurse anesthetist, but have been in many specialties throughout my career. That's the other thing I love about nursing - you are never confined to a cubby-holed job. You can branch out in almost unlimited directions and explore new and different aspects of nursing.

M
M
I am thinking to be a Certified Nursing Assistant. There are many reasons after this. First, i love to helps others as i am a compassionate person. Secondly there is a great future in nursing. Due to the increasingly healthcare system there will be a lot of nursing job in future.

Last edited by michleboost123; 07/05/11 02:39 AM.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
From one nurse to another-welcome onboard. A nice tribute to your profession.

Sexy Lingerie
Love waits for one thing, the right moment.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello everyone,

I salute the nursing profession and if you could imagine me standing to attention or curtseying, then do so please. I think you are little pieces of God's heart on earth and oh so so important.

I could never have been one, I do not have the temperament but a group of Intensive care and General ward nurses once saved my late Mom's life after she had had an horrific motor accident. They gave my Mom back to me for 15 more years; how do you say thank you for such a huge gift?

Bless you all.

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Tiger
Tiger
AWESOME - we finally got some activity on this site. Love it!!!!

S
S
I just love my profession! I am like a mother to all my patients, its in my nature to love and care for people - that is why I am a nurse!

B
B
I love everything about Nursing...Its not just a profession, But a life saving network..

L
L
I love nursing for many reasons, but the thing I love most about nursing may seem cliche - I love helping people.

Nursing allows us to be uniquely situated to offer help, encouragement, education, care, caring and nurturing to those in need. I have been honored to be the first human to touch new life as it entered the world and I have been privileged to be the last touch someone felt as they left this world.

To me, nursing is so much more than what I do, it is the very essence of who I am. I believe nursing is a calling.

Now that I am no longer a hands-on nurse, rather I am now a nursing educator, I still feel as passionate about what I do as when I gave hands-on care. Being able to help others realize their dream of becoming a nurse or advancing a degree, I receive the same satisfaction as I did when I was able to help a patient live a better life.

Nursing is hard work, its challenging, its frustrating and I think its the best job in the entire world!

Lorraine Hover
MSN, BA, RN
Nursing Editor BellaOnline.com
www.BellaOnline.com/site/nursing

Nurses' hands do God's work here on Earth
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.