L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Hello Everyone

My apologies for not writing over the last few weeks...life has been chaotic & plans have been changing at the speed of light.

We've had gales that caused power cuts, phone lines down & now that the weather has become a little calmer, I've caught up a little & I'm back online I've managed to get full blown flu. I'm weak as a kitten & a bit fed up as it is my 40th birthday today & all the fun things I had planned have had to be shelved frown

I guess it is a lesson in acceptance! I have been spoiled though by friends offering to help me out & spent this afternoon lying on my own therapy couch listening to a Doreen Virtue Angel meditation... I nodded off, but it was therapeutic! I will learn how to appreciate the stillness & rest that illness brings instead of fighting to get back to normal- always my way!

Hope your 2007 hasn't been so chaotic so far, but I know a few others who've experienced similar! I'm back off to bed with a hot drink!

Last edited by Lauren_Ravenstar; 01/23/07 11:50 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feel better, and hopefully you'll get to have your birthday celebration at a later date!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
:music: Happy Birthday to you, Lauren! :music:

Hope that you are feeling better, but just try to relax and take good care of yourself, like you're doing. The cold/flu thing on the East Coast here in the States is lasting weeks and weeks. I think I had it for about 5 wks myself. It kept getting better then it seemed like it would start over (maybe because I didn't stop and pamper myself when it first started, like we should). Mine started right after I had to travel to Oklahoma in a blizzard for my sister's funeral. blahhh...

Anyway, I am better now but the weather is snowy and bitter cold, AND I am recovering from surgery, so I can certainly identify with you. I wish I could drop by and leave a little cupcake with a candle on it for you. I'd sing you happy birthday, like in the old days, but I'm not sure that the new system reads the code above as symbols as it did before the change. I am so glad to see you on here!!! I've been gone for awhile (medical stuff) and many of the regular people are no longer posting. Maybe everyone has had a tough year and we're all ready to get back together.

Anyway, take care of yourself, hope you feel better soon, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 40 is a GREAT age! The beginning of a truly wonderful decade!!! wink

Trish

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Thanks both of you & I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a tough time Trish. You be kind to yourself.

I gave in & got the doctor out today as the gurgles & wheezes from my lungs were getting too alarming. He made chest infection bordering on pleurosy noises; hopefully I've caught things in time. This will be my first set of antibiotics in more than a decade. I'm going to be very good & clear the next week of clients too (couldn't do them much good at the moment anyway) & just focus on getting well again. Determined not to let this drag on by trying to get back to normal too soon.

Have to go lie down again now as choking, (thank goodness you can't spread real viruses on the internet) but do appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited by Lauren_Ravenstar; 01/25/07 12:51 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Lauren feel better and Happy Birthday I will be joining you at the 40 mark om Monday.

Have a blessed day-

Erika Lyn Smith
BellaOnline's Missing & Exploited Children Editor
Missing & Exploited Children Site
BellaOnline's Child Abuse Editor
Child Abuse Site
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Lauren, I'm glad that you went to the doctor and got started on the antibiotics. It isn't too great when the chest starts making all those weird noises and you can't get it to stop. Sleeping is the hardest since the couging, hacking and choking all starts once you lay down. I just finished my second round and my infection is finally gone and I'm starting to feel stronger. Hopefully you caught yours earlier by not waiting 5 weeks like I did and you'll be back at your best next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed!! wink

Glad that we can't infect our computers with all the illnesses that are running around right now! (or each other for all that matters, right?) Hope that you are feeling better soon! I love your new tree, by the way. whistle

Trish

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Happy Birthday Erika! May your 40th be *much* more fun than mine!! smile

I'm already feeling the benefit of the antibiotics & have barely wheezed today- hooray! I'm glad I didn't 'wait & see' which is what I'd normally do too- somehow it just felt like it was going to get a lot worse before it got better. I am still being good & taking it easy...I want the little angel icon back as I think I deserve that halo!!

Last edited by Lauren_Ravenstar; 01/29/07 01:06 PM.
Gecko
Gecko
Oh take good care of yourself friend! This lung stuff is no fun and terribly dangerous too. When I had pneumonia years ago I was certain I was dying. Without antibiotics I guess people do. You want to be around to celebrate 41 I bet! The champers will keep till the antibiotic course is done... sleep lots, pamper self and enjoy breathing without gurgling! (grinning and blowing a kiss) Hugs, Trishh

Be kinder than you need to be. Everyone is dealing with something.
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Happy belated birthday Lauren... hope you are feeling better soon.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Thanks Both, I am lots better, just tired...and that is mostly my own fault! I decided to have my 40th party a week late, got to bed in the wee hours & then had my son's birthday party to run next day. Possibly not what you are meant to do in flu recovery, but I enjoyed it whistle

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.