logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#287709 01/14/07 03:50 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
i think that we should look at middle east not in terms of nation states, but a large Muslim population divided between Shias and Sunnis. The boundriesare really immaterial in this part of the world. unless the Shias and Sunnis in the whole area reach a peace formula, nothing lasting will ever work.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden have brought misery on the Muslim people. Saddam killed thousands of Kurds and wanted to exterminate them all. Bin Laden is the savage who would bring down western civilization. Well, it is not going to happen. Notice to jihadists everywhere---WE ARE COMING!

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Originally Posted By: Jim Colyer
Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden have brought misery on the Muslim people. Saddam killed thousands of Kurds and wanted to exterminate them all. Bin Laden is the savage who would bring down western civilization. Well, it is not going to happen. Notice to jihadists everywhere---WE ARE COMING!

Where are you going? That is scary.

Gecko
Gecko
With respect to your opinion I have another sight of view.
Although you are somewhat right but not wholly true I think.
Nations and races have strong feeling still in this part of the world. Where�s I live (in south west of Iran) we have nearly two million Arab that all of them are Shiite. Most of them loved Saddam and for long term Saddam was their hero, and thought he would rescue them from us (Persian). After Saddam executed I talked with some of them, really annoyed of that.

And about Kurds: Kurds are more nationalist than religious. Yeah they are Sunni but more like to recognize as Kurd than Muslim. Kurds region are divided between Turkey, Iraq, Iran and Syria. Their ethnic background is common with Persian so during our war with Iraq they were our ally and in Iranian side no Kurd helped Iraqi whereas Persian are Shiite.

Persian are nationalist too, if you come to Iran and see us, will understand how much we are religious.
If you remember Naserism in Egypt would see that Arabs were Nationalist and I think even now it�s a strong feeling inside them.

I think Bin Laden is still a hero between Sunnis, especially for Arabs. Why American couldn�t arrest him? I guess because people that he hidden among them, really loved him. Have you seen in Muslim world anybody condemn him? Why they love to follow his order? Even lost their life?

C
C
And I still want answer from Mr Croyer

Parakeet
Parakeet
For years, I thought we should get oil from the Middle East and stay out of local religion and politics. 9/11 changed everything.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Oil means power.

Gecko
Gecko
Yeah oil means power. Easy money that is so delightful!

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
that is why middle east is always in focus. It is a big market of luxury goods.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.