Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Well thank you, and bless you for that!

I really didn't ever want to be in the position where you would think I was 'Pushing my luck' or disregarding your feelings.
However, sadly, even though I have followed through with my intentions, and opened up a thread in the Buddhist forum, to date, it's all gone sadly quiet....

Can anyone who's a Christian please explain to me why there seems to be such a resistance to absorbing information regarding another discipline/doctrine/religion/philosophy? I am not aiming to be confrontational here...I'd really just like some insight, because as well as there being a total wall of silence following my invitation, nobody has given me any response to this question either, which has led me to conjecture...and I'd love to know - !

Sponsored Post Advertisement
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Since Alexandra has chosen to ignore me and my posts as she has explained in another thread entitled "God", can someone else explain to her that I have tried to give her some insight as has TexasDave but she refuses to hear of or believe any of it.

Obviously the only insight she wants is one that that she subscribes to.

I have tried to back up everything she asked that goes along with the Bible. I gave her instances about how evolution is false and was from another book besides the Bible, I have tried to explain how the Chinese written language is proof of the Bible's existence and how it was written about 1,000years before the first word of the Bible was written.

I tried to explain that earlier forms of neandrathal man were mistaken and gave proof of that.

She tells me not to say 'because the Bible says so' but I subscribe to the Bible and subscribe that it is the written word of God.

She tells me not to take the word of the Bible as truth but to read other books. If we are not to take the Bible as truth then why should we take any other book as truth? All other books were written by man as well as she claims the Bible is.

She tells me that I am the voice of Saatan when it is really Satan controlling her religion and thouhgts. I was reaching her and making sense to her and Satan told her to ignore me and shut me out.

Maybe someone else can explain these things to her. I was probably harsh in a few things I said to her but that is only because she was attacking me, my beliefs and telling me I am Satan. When in reality I rebuke Satan and his demons and everything that he and they stand for.

As I said before in other posts that I am not about to go into another false religion forum and argue this point with her when I can do it right here. Especially when she says that I have learn about the Buddhist faith before I can go in there and spread the Good News about Jesus Christ

I guess that since she has ignored me, someone else will have to tell her that the Bible is the irrefutable word of God.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
T
Shark
Shark
T
Alexandra,
If you deny God then you deny any foundation for your entire belief system. If we are not accountable to God then we are accountable to our own values that we each make up in our own minds and guided by our basest desires. No God, no absolute truth. Including your own.

Wolf
Wolf
Ibelieve that there is God. I believe that all this world is in God. There is nothing that is outside. He makes the world and he destroys. this is his play to enjoy himself.

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Originally Posted By: texasdave7
Alexandra,
If you deny God then you deny any foundation for your entire belief system.

I don't see how, as I don't have a belief system to begin with. I keep trying to explain, Buddhism isn't founded on faith or belief...it's founded on knowledge, logic and wisdom. As there's no God to begin with, there is no problem!

Quote:
If we are not accountable to God then we are accountable to our own values that we each make up in our own minds and guided by our basest desires.
Almost right...
We are accountable to our own values, that we each make up in our own minds, and guided by the solid foundation of the Four Noble Truths, the Eightfold path and the Five precepts....
You're beginning to get the hang of it.... ! wink

Quote:
No God, no absolute truth. Including your own.

No God, BUT absolute Truth. But it's not my own...it can belong to everybody.
But that's up to you, and if you choose to stay where you are, and I choose to stay where I am, that's still ok. smile

Last edited by Alexandra; 03/05/07 04:49 AM.
Wolf
Wolf
texasdave7

How can you convince somebody who does not believe in God? will this conversation go any further or be of any use? You are wasting your precious time in my opinion.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.