logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
All of us love our spinning, some of us sell it, some of us like to look at it, etc. So tell us, What have YOU made lately out of your handpsun yarns? I have made a pretty vest out of some handspun that my mom dyed using lichen to get a pretty, variegating purple. It turned out well, I simply have to put the edge on it, and it will finish.

Your turn. C'mon folks and tell us all what you've been up to. Any fun stuff you've run into, patterns that worked well, or just some seriously awesome fiber that you loved working?

Share and let us know!
Beth - spinning editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I recently spun lambswool and knitted the Elizabeth Zimmermann baby surprise jacket for my nephew, the wool was dyed with acid dyes and I spun exactly enough for the jacket and one bootie. Hey ho!

R
R
Hey, my babies only wore one bootie at a time anyway!
I'm looking forward to getting a spinning wheel, and my DH got me a drop spindle and a "ball" of wool, and a copy of Spin Off (with the felted hats) for Christmas. I've been reading the magazine, and cuddling the ball of yarn. I haven't been brave enough to rip it apart yet. My daughter and I did pinch off a tiny bit to make a sheep with pipecleaner legs for the nativity set. Does that count?

Otherwise, I've just been obsessively knitting what others have spun and dyed.

S
S
I knitted a triangle shawl I spun from my own critters I did, one row wool, one row mohair, one row llama from. The pattern came from The Ashford Book of Spinning.

Just today I gave my 8 yo granddaughter her hat that I knit for her. She chose a sweet bubble gum pink alpaca, I added some deep purple wool and some Engish Angora fiber from one of my bunnies.. I plyed it with a varigated roving that had purple, taupe, and pink. The first third was a lighter pink (rolled brim) and it grew darker as the hat progressed. Topped it with a cute pompom of the different yarns combined.

I'm getting ready to knit a pair of fingerless gloves from some lovely angora blend. It's an earthy tone, lilac, brown, hint of rose sage green and a bright green. I dyed and spun one strand angora and one strand fine wool and plyed them together.

...�,......�...�......,�
((�,�.�� �o� `�.�.,�))
.......��.)'(.�.
B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
Hello!
I am just now learning to spin. I spun some of my English Angora's wool and some other wool. I did not mix the two into one. What I did was use my bunny wool on the brim and on the every top. The other wool (which I believe to be angora goat. Not sure I have to ask it was given to me as a gift for Christmas) I put in the middle.
I made a hat out of it. It's not all that pretty because when I spun I had lots of thick parts and lots of thinner parts. I am just learning. Still this is my favorite hat (I love the feel of Angora.)
I have a picture of the hat on my blog you just have to look back a few to see it. It's atBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.